Printing of W2 forms -SSN block has been moved

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

coachjim

Printing of W2 forms -SSN block has been moved

Post by coachjim »

Started to print W-2 forms for year 2007. In printing original set of forms, I notice that the SS number for individual is in the Control Number space on new forms and the place for SS number (block a) is blank. I read that the new MR for PS solved the problem in PS10, but we are running PS9 and the new MR did not solve the problem.

Does anyone have a fix for this problem??? :cry:

Zaphod
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Zaphod »

The MR for 9 does actually address this issue, so reinstall it to make sure everything got updated properly. Delete the download you did previously and download the file again. Once it's downloaded, run it to install the update. Make sure the directory you're installing into is the same as what's listed under Help -> About PowerChurch Plus -> System Information -> Program Directory. Also, the program date on that same screen should read 12/13/2007.
PowerChurch Software Technical Support
(800) 486-1800
http://www.powerchurch.com/

Vwisner

w-2 Tax

Post by Vwisner »

I just ran the w2 tax forms, I have PCP10, it didn't print in the right box? How do I rectify this.

NeilZ

Re: w-2 Tax

Post by NeilZ »

Vwisner wrote:I just ran the w2 tax forms, I have PCP10, it didn't print in the right box? How do I rectify this.
Do you have the latest W-2 forms, and if so, do you have the latest Maintenance Release ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

john30brown

Printing W-2's

Post by john30brown »

I have same problem except a little different,, I have printed w-2's of new configuration once with ss# in right place. but have tried again today to reprint some of them,, I found out that the SS# on this reprint is located in the first box on ww-2 form instead of the second one,, Help?

landisja

After applying MR to v9, "No W2 information found to pr

Post by landisja »

Hmm. Just applied MR to v9 to correct ss# location in W2 forms.
Now I get "No W2 information found to print." just when I expected the W2/W3 window to be displayed.
Reindexing files had no effect.
Reapplied the MR and still see 12/13/2007 program date in about.
I am obviously missing something but no clue what.

landisja

Maintain Payroll items - W2 info

Post by landisja »

I found a clue elsewhere in the forum.
This was the first MR applied in about two years (ahem ;-) ), and apparently the W2 info checkboxes in the Maintain Payroll items are either new somewhere in that inteval, or were all reset when applying the MR.
We turned at least one of these on, and now we can print some W2 forms again. :D
I will be back if we run into another problem.

debbie

Post by debbie »

Is it possible for the Employer's State Id # to be made bigger to match the w2 form. Our state uses the Fed Id # with 2 digits in front of and a letter, dash and three more digits after that. PC won't allow the last part - only the extra 2 digits.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

debbie wrote:Is it possible for the Employer's State Id # to be made bigger to match the w2 form. Our state uses the Fed Id # with 2 digits in front of and a letter, dash and three more digits after that. PC won't allow the last part - only the extra 2 digits.
BTW .. what state is that ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

debbie

Post by debbie »

Virginia

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

debbie wrote:Virginia
My last church was in Virginia. I don't remember if the Treasurer used Powerchurch to print the W-2s or not.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.