Paid invoice corrected, now I have a credit

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

raubrey

Paid invoice corrected, now I have a credit

Post by raubrey »

Hi,

I've only been using PowerChurch for about a month and am still trying to figure everything out; I used QuickBooks in my prior job.

Before my time, we received an invoice for our copiers. It was paid, but then we realized the invoice was incorrect. The vendor corrected the invoice, which ended up being less than the original. Since we paid, and they cashed the check, we now have a credit with them. My question is how to record the amount of the credit in PowerChurch (negative invoice?) and then how to apply that amount to future bills that we receive.

Thanks!

NeilZ

Re: Paid invoice corrected, now I have a credit

Post by NeilZ »

raubrey wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:48 pm
Hi,

I've only been using PowerChurch for about a month and am still trying to figure everything out; I used QuickBooks in my prior job.

Before my time, we received an invoice for our copiers. It was paid, but then we realized the invoice was incorrect. The vendor corrected the invoice, which ended up being less than the original. Since we paid, and they cashed the check, we now have a credit with them. My question is how to record the amount of the credit in PowerChurch (negative invoice?) and then how to apply that amount to future bills that we receive.

Thanks!
Since Powerchurch is run on a CASH basis, you really don't need to process such a credit, unless its a credit card and you use a credit card liability account to collect all the uses of the card breaking down all the expenses by expense account. In which case you would want to properly credit the expense account that had the credit.

I am going to assume that you receive a monthly invoice from the copier company, and that there is a single expense account used for the copier. I would assume also that the next invoice will reflect that there is a credit on their system, they will deduct that from the monthly fee, and the bill will only be for the remainder of the monthly fee, which is the only thing you will pay. In other words, it all comes out in the wash. :)
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.