Perplexing situation re: "posted" item not showing up where it is supposed to

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

gospeltab

Perplexing situation re: "posted" item not showing up where it is supposed to

Post by gospeltab »

We are using the most current edition of the software. Our church does manual checks.
I entered a check made out to the IRS for our payroll taxes, nothing different than I have ever done.
I posted the check in the Accounts Payable Module and I can see it in Fund Accounting under View Posted Transactions

While trying to reconcile the general fund for January, I found that this check is not listed as one that can be reconciled.

I then created an income and expense report for January and totals are also not showing up there either.

I don't have any idea how this happened and am equally perplexed as to how to fix it. Since it is now currently showing up on the reports, I don't feel like I should reverse it...

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

NeilZ

Re: Perplexing situation re: "posted" item not showing up where it is supposed to

Post by NeilZ »

gospeltab wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:40 pm
We are using the most current edition of the software. Our church does manual checks.
I entered a check made out to the IRS for our payroll taxes, nothing different than I have ever done.
I posted the check in the Accounts Payable Module and I can see it in Fund Accounting under View Posted Transactions

While trying to reconcile the general fund for January, I found that this check is not listed as one that can be reconciled.

I then created an income and expense report for January and totals are also not showing up there either.

I don't have any idea how this happened and am equally perplexed as to how to fix it. Since it is now currently showing up on the reports, I don't feel like I should reverse it...

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Its now on the reports? What is the date of the transaction?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

gospeltab

Re: Perplexing situation re: "posted" item not showing up where it is supposed to

Post by gospeltab »

I entered the transaction yesterday, 2/20/2024 but the working month was January 2024. The actual transaction date was 1/18/2024. Entered in the Maintain Manual checks module, posted there yesterday. If I go into the Vendor account, it shows up on the check history tab.
I posted it in the general ledger yesterday as well and I can see it when I click into view posted transactions.

And no, it is still not showing up in the reconciliation page or on my income and expense reports.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

gospeltab wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:55 pm
I entered the transaction yesterday, 2/20/2024 but the working month was January 2024. The actual transaction date was 1/18/2024. Entered in the Maintain Manual checks module, posted there yesterday. If I go into the Vendor account, it shows up on the check history tab.
I posted it in the general ledger yesterday as well and I can see it when I click into view posted transactions.

And no, it is still not showing up in the reconciliation page or on my income and expense reports.
The date on the transaction is 1/18/24, but you entered it yesterday? Are you sure about that date? On the Reconciliation, uncheck the box for only transactions up to the bank statement date. Does it appear then?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

gospeltab

Post by gospeltab »

The date was actually entered as 1/10/2024 and I tried the reconciliation thing and it still does not show up there.

I took screen shots of the places it is showing up, but is there a way to upload a word document so you can see what I am seeing?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

gospeltab wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:51 pm
The date was actually entered as 1/10/2024 and I tried the reconciliation thing and it still does not show up there.

I took screen shots of the places it is showing up, but is there a way to upload a word document so you can see what I am seeing?
No way to upload anything, sorry. So you UNCHECKED the box for 'only show items before statement date' and it does not show up there? It should if you used the checking account you're trying to reconcile, and everything was posted to Funds Accounting.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

gospeltab

Post by gospeltab »

I did uncheck it and the check definitely does not show up. It also still does not show up in the income and expense reports.

Since it is not showing up in the reports or reconciliation, can I try to reenter the whole transaction or will that really mess things up?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

gospeltab wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:58 pm
I did uncheck it and the check definitely does not show up. It also still does not show up in the income and expense reports.

Since it is not showing up in the reports or reconciliation, can I try to reenter the whole transaction or will that really mess things up?
I would first check to make ABSOLUTELY SURE that the transaction is not sitting in the Unposted Transaction Queue in Fund Accounting or in Accounts Payable. I would also double check the YEAR that transaction was entered for. However, you said that the payment is seen under the Vendor records, so I'm still thinking that its in the Fund Accounting uposted.

Finally, if all else fails, check to see if anyone did a RESTORE of a full Powerchurch backup recently.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

gospeltab

Post by gospeltab »

Thank you for all of the help and suggestions.

I just re-entered the check in accounts payable, posted it in AP and then posted it in Fund Accounting.

It showed up for reconciliation and reporting. The check number just looks like it is entered twice. This is so weird!

And also, I am the only one who uses the power church so nothing funny happened that way.3

Thanks again and hopefully this won't have ramifications in the future!!! (Like if the transaction somehow magically shows up)