Accounting Set Up

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Kidney01

Accounting Set Up

Post by Kidney01 »

Hello,
We are trying to set up the accounting system for our church and would like someone who is using it to help us. If you are willing, please reach out to me, Pastor Jonathan, either by email at pastor@cbcsedalia.org or by call/text at (660)351-5843. We would greatly appreciate it.
Have a wonderful day in the Lord,
Pastor Jonathan

NeilZ

Re: Accounting Set Up

Post by NeilZ »

Kidney01 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:58 pm
Hello,
We are trying to set up the accounting system for our church and would like someone who is using it to help us. If you are willing, please reach out to me, Pastor Jonathan, either by email at pastor@cbcsedalia.org or by call/text at (660)351-5843. We would greatly appreciate it.
Have a wonderful day in the Lord,
Pastor Jonathan
What seem to be the problem, what kind of advice do you need? What accounting system are you moving from?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Kidney01

Post by Kidney01 »

Thanks for your Reply,

We are moving from QuickBooks and are new to PowerChurch Accounting. We originally bought PowerChurch for its Contributions side but have decided that we would no longer pay QB's Payroll or regular service fees; they have just gotten out of control. However, we are finding it difficult to navigate the PowerChurch Accounting system as it comes to how it is integrated with Contributions and the other modules, as well as just getting it all setup. We have found some of the Contributions in the Fund account, however, they are not correct. The Payroll that we have already run is not showing up in the fund account. We have put in the 2023 and 2024 years budgets but that does not seem to matter.
Therefore, we were hoping to have a church that is using the PowerChurch Account who would be willing to give us some pointers and instructions so that we can get our system up and running. We have considered paying for tech support and purchasing the entire Accounting Video series but have not done either yet. Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to email me directly at pastor@cbcsedalia.org.

Thanks,
Pastor Jonathan

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Kidney01 wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:51 pm
Thanks for your Reply,

We are moving from QuickBooks and are new to PowerChurch Accounting. We originally bought PowerChurch for its Contributions side but have decided that we would no longer pay QB's Payroll or regular service fees; they have just gotten out of control. However, we are finding it difficult to navigate the PowerChurch Accounting system as it comes to how it is integrated with Contributions and the other modules, as well as just getting it all setup. We have found some of the Contributions in the Fund account, however, they are not correct. The Payroll that we have already run is not showing up in the fund account. We have put in the 2023 and 2024 years budgets but that does not seem to matter.
Therefore, we were hoping to have a church that is using the PowerChurch Account who would be willing to give us some pointers and instructions so that we can get our system up and running. We have considered paying for tech support and purchasing the entire Accounting Video series but have not done either yet. Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to email me directly at pastor@cbcsedalia.org.

Thanks,
Pastor Jonathan
FWIW ... Contributions is only tied to Funds Accounting through the account numbers, you have to post from Contribution to Fund Accounting. Everything flows TO Fund Accounting. Payroll, Accounts Payable, etc. You post from Contributions to Fund Accounting. You do the same with the payroll and accounts payable, you then POST in Funds Accounting.

Its a TWO step process. Post from the subordinate module, which dumps the transactions in the unposted transaction queue in Funds Accounting. You then POST in Funds Accounting, which updates the Chart of Accounts.

My advice, money spent on the Accounting Training Videos is money well spent. Once purchased, you can always access them. We were in Monett up through Feb of last year. If I was still in Missouri, I'd head up there.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.