Sort Order - Modify Unposted Transactions

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

oasis_treasurer

Sort Order - Modify Unposted Transactions

Post by oasis_treasurer »

From Fund Accounting, when I select the Modify Unposted Transactions, the default sort order appears to be Reference / Check No. When the report is shown for all unposted transactions, I can resort by Posting Date. But if I select an individual transaction to view details and then return to the unposted transaction list, the list reverts back to sort by Reference. Is it possible to set and maintain the sort order by Posting Date? It would be nice to allow saving the custom preferences for Sort Order on this listing.
Oasis Treasurer

CorinthBC

Re: Sort Order - Modify Unposted Transactions

Post by CorinthBC »

I have the same question, except under View Posted Transactions. There it does not revert back to reference sort, BUT I would much prefer the default to be sorted by Date so I wouldn't have to change it every single time.

I could start entering the date as reference, I suppose, but that would only partially help. The software puts the check number in the reference field every time I do a manual check. If I already knew what the check number was going to be when I enter a new invoice, I could enter the check number, but I don't always know what check I'm going to use in advance.

NeilZ

Re: Sort Order - Modify Unposted Transactions

Post by NeilZ »

CorinthBC wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 12:38 pm
I have the same question, except under View Posted Transactions. There it does not revert back to reference sort, BUT I would much prefer the default to be sorted by Date so I wouldn't have to change it every single time.

I could start entering the date as reference, I suppose, but that would only partially help. The software puts the check number in the reference field every time I do a manual check. If I already knew what the check number was going to be when I enter a new invoice, I could enter the check number, but I don't always know what check I'm going to use in advance.
You may want to send a request to wishlist@powerchurch.com and ask that when you click on the list header for your sort, that the sort will stick for the rest of your session.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.