Memorized Transaction

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

dishman2000

Memorized Transaction

Post by dishman2000 »

I would like to create a "memorized transaction" that I can modify the total amount each time. These are Wednesday night supper receipts that we deposit each week, so the accounts are the same every time (Wednesday Supper expense account debit/credit). We don't use a separate restricted account for the income because it all goes back into the General Fund checking account and expenses are tagged to that account for food/utensils/plates/cups/etc. Does anyone know the best way to do this? We just use one Expense Account for all transactions and the purchases or payments are treated as debits/credits to the expense account. Is that procedure okay? I usually enter receipts as a "Enter Transaction" in Fund Accounting, but I have to enter every field in the form every time. A "memorized transaction" could already have much of the information in it that I wouldn't have to type in.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Memorized Transaction

Post by Zorak »

Next time you enter that transaction in Fund Accounting > Enter Transactions, check the option at the bottom of the screen that reads "Save as repeating transaction". Then next time you need to enter that transaction, click the Recall Repeating Transaction button at the bottom of the screen.

dishman2000

Re: Memorized Transaction

Post by dishman2000 »

Thanks! That's easy!