vendor missing in creating accounts payable in payroll module

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

fpcmonett

vendor missing in creating accounts payable in payroll module

Post by fpcmonett »

For some reason the IRS vendor is no longer available in the drop down in the "creating accounts payable entries for deduction" tab in the payroll module and I can't figure out how to reenter it. The IRS vendor exists in the AP module. It has always been there until this last time I went to create the manual check after making online payment to EFTPS. Help please.

Karen Standerwick
First Presbyterian Church, Monett

NeilZ

Re: vendor missing in creating accounts payable in payroll module

Post by NeilZ »

fpcmonett wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:14 pm
For some reason the IRS vendor is no longer available in the drop down in the "creating accounts payable entries for deduction" tab in the payroll module and I can't figure out how to reenter it. The IRS vendor exists in the AP module. It has always been there until this last time I went to create the manual check after making online payment to EFTPS. Help please.

Karen Standerwick
First Presbyterian Church, Monett
Make sure you're actually putting funds in that liability account. The only way it will 'disappear' is if all the payments have already been paid out.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

fpcmonett

Post by fpcmonett »

Would you please explain the process of "putting funds in that liability account"? Is that not a process PC completes when payroll is processed? How do I know how much and how often? In the IRS vendor account information tab in the "balance" space there is an amount of $3000+. What does that refer to?

I am trying hard to find the answer to these questions myself but not having luck. :( Doesn't help that I started from ground zero on knowing funding accounting a few months ago.

I appreciate your help.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

fpcmonett wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:27 pm
Would you please explain the process of "putting funds in that liability account"? Is that not a process PC completes when payroll is processed? How do I know how much and how often? In the IRS vendor account information tab in the "balance" space there is an amount of $3000+. What does that refer to?

I am trying hard to find the answer to these questions myself but not having luck. :( Doesn't help that I started from ground zero on knowing funding accounting a few months ago.

I appreciate your help.
Payroll is setup to move funds to the liability account when payroll is run. The system calculates the amounts based on the Tax Tables. These are updated as needed, usually yearly for Federal Income Tax. The total amount moved to the liability account is then seen when using the 'Create Accounts Payable Entry' function in payroll. Depending on your tax payment schedule, you could have 2 payroll dates listed for a monthly remittance, or 6 payroll dates for a quarterly remittance. This should be covered in the training packet I left.

If you see that $3000 in the vendor page, that is calculated from the amounts paid out, and has nothing to do with any 'balance' of funds in the liability account.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.