Page 1 of 1

Data Entry for Bills Payable/Payroll

Posted: Sat May 31, 2008 2:16 pm
by oztheguitarman
31st May, 08

I have prepared several cheques to pay vendor's bills and also cheque for pastor wages (16th May to 31st May). All these cheques were dated 1st June 2008 instead of 31st May 2008.

I have not yet processed any entries through the system.

Although the cheques are dated 1st June (and to avoid correcting all the cheques to 31st May) is it OK to enter the transactions for 31st May so all the bill payments and the wage salary is reported for the month of May.

Please advise.

Osvaldo De Souza

Re: Data Entry for Bills Payable/Payroll

Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:33 am
by Eden Whitehead
oztheguitarman wrote:I have prepared several cheques to pay vendor's bills and also cheque for pastor wages (16th May to 31st May). All these cheques were dated 1st June 2008 instead of 31st May 2008.

I have not yet processed any entries through the system.

Although the cheques are dated 1st June (and to avoid correcting all the cheques to 31st May) is it OK to enter the transactions for 31st May so all the bill payments and the wage salary is reported for the month of May.
The short answer is "yes."

As long as you have not "closed" the month of May, just make sure when you post in Accounts Payable that you are posting to the month of May and those cheques will show up in all reports as expenses for May.

Hope this helps.
Eden