How to correct a bank reconciliation date.

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

wotcuser

How to correct a bank reconciliation date.

Post by wotcuser »

I sifted through the bank reconciliation posts but there were so numerous I could have missed this...

I accidentally put the incorrect reconciliation date (year) on a bank reconciliation which is causing me no end of grief. Is there a way to correct the date?

Any help will be appreciated.

NeilZ

Re: How to correct a bank reconciliation date.

Post by NeilZ »

wotcuser wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:03 pm
I sifted through the bank reconciliation posts but there were so numerous I could have missed this...

I accidentally put the incorrect reconciliation date (year) on a bank reconciliation which is causing me no end of grief. Is there a way to correct the date?

Any help will be appreciated.
How far back is this reconciliation?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

wotcuser

Post by wotcuser »

It was the last one I did.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

wotcuser wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:09 pm
It was the last one I did.
You didn't say what version you're using, but v14.x has an Undo a prior reconciliation button on the pop-up windows that appears when you select Accounting -> Funds Accounting -> Reconcile Bank/Credit Card Accounts. When you click on that, it will bring up a list of previous reconciliations you can choose from. This will reverse the reconciliation, so you can then make your adjustments. It will mean that you're going to have to do the reconciliation again, but you'll then have the correct date.

However, it does advise that you do a backup of Accounting prior to doing that, so you can revert back just in case.

Hope this helps.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.