Potential BUG in Chart of Accounts

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Post Reply
RLM
Posts: 152
Joined: Fri May 21, 2004 8:51 pm
Location: NsFCC
Contact:

Potential BUG in Chart of Accounts

Post by RLM »

In my COA I have an account 08-4230-101 Missions Fund-Temp. Restr ($0.00) and an account 08-4280-101 Music Fund-Temp.Restr. ($Balance).

My problem rests in the fact that when I run a Balance Sheet report the 08-4280-101 ($Balance) appears with the 08-4230-101 title instead of the correct one. What could be causing this?

It should read:
Music Fund-Temp Restr. - ($Balance)
but it shows
Missions Fund -Temp. Restr. - ($Balance)
which is in error because there is a ZERO balance in the Missions Fund - Temp. Restr. account.
In Him,

RLM

tborgal
Posts: 863
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:55 pm
Location: New England Bible Church, Andover, MA
Contact:

Post by tborgal »

Your problem could be the fact that both accounts have the same subaccount number. I can't verify it with my system but these accounts could be getting grouped together and the account with the lowest level number will be the heading of the account line. Take a look at the two accounts and if this is the case maybe putting them both at the same level may resolve the problem.
Tom

RLM
Posts: 152
Joined: Fri May 21, 2004 8:51 pm
Location: NsFCC
Contact:

Post by RLM »

Maybe I don't understand 'sub-accounts' but I wanted all accounts in the Temp. Restr. to have the the same number. Both accounts are level '5'.
In Him,

RLM

tborgal
Posts: 863
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:55 pm
Location: New England Bible Church, Andover, MA
Contact:

Post by tborgal »

I tried to recreate what you are doing but can not. Could you please give us a little more information about the report you are running. What version are you using and the exact report that you are running would be helpful.
Tom

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development
Posts: 1225
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:43 am
Location: PowerChurch Software
Contact:

Post by Jeff »

Unless you have changed the default account number schemes greatly your 4000 series of accounts should be income accounts and these don't show on the balance sheet. Are you sure you are not looking at your 3000 equity accounts?

Post Reply