View Posted Transactions

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

debistay

View Posted Transactions

Post by debistay »

We are in the process of loading first quarter data because we have just recently installed Power Church and transitioning. I couldn't find an answer to this: I'd like to see the $ amount when viewing Posted Transactions as well as some of the other data; other parts of that data don't mean as much. Am I able to change the content of this to include the $.

NeilZ

Re: View Posted Transactions

Post by NeilZ »

debistay wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:37 pm
We are in the process of loading first quarter data because we have just recently installed Power Church and transitioning. I couldn't find an answer to this: I'd like to see the $ amount when viewing Posted Transactions as well as some of the other data; other parts of that data don't mean as much. Am I able to change the content of this to include the $.
Exactly what do you mean when you say you'd like to see the dollar amount? Do you mean per transaction? Not exactly sure what you're saying here as all the transactions show the amounts being debited & credited.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

debistay

Post by debistay »

Sorry for the delay in responding, we've been busy loading our 1st quarter data to catch up to our new installation of PC. When I run the View Posted Transactions in Fund Accounting, the only data is Reference, Date, transaction Description, Month, Year, Date entered, and by whom, etc. We have now amended our method of data entry so that we see who was paid and how much in that transaction description, e.g., ODP $101.36 notebooks. I can click on each item to get accounting and $ but I would like to custom this report so that it gives me more information to view instead of "entered by System Admin" on 4/3/2024. Is that possible? I can't find a way...Hope this is clearer.
Debi

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

debistay wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:08 pm
Sorry for the delay in responding, we've been busy loading our 1st quarter data to catch up to our new installation of PC. When I run the View Posted Transactions in Fund Accounting, the only data is Reference, Date, transaction Description, Month, Year, Date entered, and by whom, etc. We have now amended our method of data entry so that we see who was paid and how much in that transaction description, e.g., ODP $101.36 notebooks. I can click on each item to get accounting and $ but I would like to custom this report so that it gives me more information to view instead of "entered by System Admin" on 4/3/2024. Is that possible? I can't find a way...Hope this is clearer.
Debi
Um ... how are you entering payments? What additional information are you asking for? If you're paying bills through the Accounts Payable, when you look at the transaction in the Transaction Detail tab of the 'View Transactions" .. you should get info such as 'Vendor ID: and what invoices the check paid.

As far as 'the entered by System Admin' .. if you're the only one entering the data, that's why its showing up. If you have others entering date, you need to give them their own user login.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

debistay

Post by debistay »

We are not currently using Accounts Payable module for our data entry. The majority of our payments are ACH or direct pay through our bank. We have not yet found a successful, user friendly way of loading data via AP. Instead, we are using Fund Transactions. It's a clean way of entering information. And when viewing Posted Fund Transactions, the data in that "report" isn't user friendly as I need to open every detail to see exactly who was paid and for what. I'd just want to customize the View Posted Fund Transactions report to show more info. Apparently that's not an option. Thanks for all your time in responding.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

debistay wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:28 am
We are not currently using Accounts Payable module for our data entry. The majority of our payments are ACH or direct pay through our bank. We have not yet found a successful, user friendly way of loading data via AP. Instead, we are using Fund Transactions. It's a clean way of entering information. And when viewing Posted Fund Transactions, the data in that "report" isn't user friendly as I need to open every detail to see exactly who was paid and for what. I'd just want to customize the View Posted Fund Transactions report to show more info. Apparently that's not an option. Thanks for all your time in responding.
That is why you are not seeing anything more. You are not using the system as it was designed. If you were using Accounts Payable you would have full disclosure of what and where the funds were going. That module is where you setup your 'vendors' with all their information. If you have regular payments to say utilities, you could create repeating transactions there that you could use and just update the monthly payment.

You can use the AP module for ACH and other EFT type of payments, instead of using the 'Maintain Open Invoices' function, you'd use the 'Maintain Manual Checks' and there you would select your vendor, and create the payment entry. For a 'check number' you would create a local numbering function that meant something to you.

Once you enter all those 'checks', you would then post them to Fund Accounting where you would then post those transactions, and where you would then be able to see all your want to see.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.