Troubleshooting missing funds in accounts payable

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

edwardsjethro

Troubleshooting missing funds in accounts payable

Post by edwardsjethro »

I have created 2 temporary restricted fund accounts since my initial accounting setup. The both have Equity, Income, Release and Expense accounts and the box "This account is a release account" is checked for the Release account; the account details are identical to the funds created initially. However, when I go to release funds in Accounts Payable only the funds that were in my initial setup display - the two new accounts are not there. What am I missing?

NeilZ

Re: Troubleshooting missing funds in accounts payable

Post by NeilZ »

edwardsjethro wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:32 am
I have created 2 temporary restricted fund accounts since my initial accounting setup. The both have Equity, Income, Release and Expense accounts and the box "This account is a release account" is checked for the Release account; the account details are identical to the funds created initially. However, when I go to release funds in Accounts Payable only the funds that were in my initial setup display - the two new accounts are not there. What am I missing?

How did you create these temp restricted funds, did you use the Maintain Donor Restrictions function? How did you move funds to those accounts? Did you move funds from an unrestricted fund balance (net assets/equity) account to the restricted fund balance account?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.