Incorrect State W/h amt on W2

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

faithmc

Incorrect State W/h amt on W2

Post by faithmc »

While compiling our W-2's I have discovered a problem. Apparently, I incorrectly voided a payroll check by voiding it through Accounts Payable instead of the payroll module. There is no posted transaction for this check. So, all my amounts for that employee are off because according to payroll she received an extra check. Is there a way to correct this in the payroll module without messing up our 2010 numbers which have already been closed and finalized?

NeilZ

Re: Incorrect State W/h amt on W2

Post by NeilZ »

faithmc wrote:While compiling our W-2's I have discovered a problem. Apparently, I incorrectly voided a payroll check by voiding it through Accounts Payable instead of the payroll module. There is no posted transaction for this check. So, all my amounts for that employee are off because according to payroll she received an extra check. Is there a way to correct this in the payroll module without messing up our 2010 numbers which have already been closed and finalized?
2010 ??? Late catch up ?? ;)

You should be able to void the check in Payroll, but then only post it to payroll. In version 11, you have the option to post to funds accounting, or only to payroll.

I forget in v10, but if it doesn't have that option, you can post, but then delete the unposted payroll transaction in the Funds Accounting unposted transactions function.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

faithmc

Post by faithmc »

Ha! thanks! I meant 2011 :wall: So, if I do post just in payroll, it won't affect any of my inc/exp #'s from last year? Just want to make sure because I really don't want to have to redo everything! Thanks for your help!!!

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

faithmc wrote:Ha! thanks! I meant 2011 :wall: So, if I do post just in payroll, it won't affect any of my inc/exp #'s from last year? Just want to make sure because I really don't want to have to redo everything! Thanks for your help!!!
Yep ... it won't create any transactions for Funds Accounting at all.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.