Tellers No Longer Have Access to Bank Deposit Report

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

GoodShepLuthChurch

Tellers No Longer Have Access to Bank Deposit Report

Post by GoodShepLuthChurch »

We have rotating "tellers" enter weekly contributions, so I've set their permissions to Data Entry Only in the Contributions module. Everything has been fine for a few years, but suddenly they can no longer print the Bank Deposit Slip. In fact, there is NOTHING in the Contributions > Reports window at all (big blank box). They used to be able to access Unposted Contributions, Funds Report, and Deposit Slip. What happened?

They need access to the reports. Is this a bug that can be fixed, or do I need to open their permissions up a bit to let them into Reports. I don't want to give them too much access, but will if I must.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Tellers No Longer Have Access to Bank Deposit Report

Post by Zorak »

This is a new issue that has been reported and our developers are working on a fix for it. We apologize for the inconvenience and the fix will be coming in a Maintenance Release update.

John Staudt

Post by John Staudt »

The problem is for users that have "Data Entry Only" Access to the contributions module.

We saw the same issue this past weekend: our "Counters" that record the collection information, print and cross check the donations, and print the deposit slips are set up with DATA ENTRY ONLY access to the contributions module. In the past, this gave them access to view/print the needed contributions reports and deposit slips for unposted contributions, but that capability was missing this past weekend.
-- John Staudt

GoodShepLuthChurch

Post by GoodShepLuthChurch »

Is there an estimated date for the fix? I've opened up permissions as a workaround, and am eager to resume "Data Entry Only" as soon as I can. Many thanks.

John Staudt

Post by John Staudt »

Likewise, how long until this should be fixed? Our church has also had provide our counters (tellers) the "Add/Change" access so that they can enter the collection data and print the appropriate reports and deposit slip.

This is obviously a security/privacy issue, and we would like to get their access switched back to data entry only as soon as possible. But, they must be able to access/modify the unposted contributions and print the unposted contributions reports and the deposit slip in order for us to do this.

Will some type of notification go out when this fix is in place?
-- John Staudt

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

The next MR for Version12 will likely be early next week. It is in testing now.

Maintenance Release announcements are posted here on the forum, on the news page which is linked from the front page of the site, and e-mail announcements go out to those who are subscribed.