Using Designations with a Fund Code

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

antiochmbc

Using Designations with a Fund Code

Post by antiochmbc »

We have a Tribe of Judah Program that raises money for our building fund. When a building fund contribution is received from a member, they indicate on the envelope their birth month or tribal name. We have this special program every 5th Sunday and announce the total amounts raised for each month and their tribe name. Whenever a member donates to Fund No. 300 (Building Fund), I want to be able to designate what month they are contributing to AND be able to run a report indicating the offering date, contributor's name and amounts subtotaled by designated month. I know that I need to create 12 different designations (one for each month), but its something else I'm missing because it isn't working correctly. Also, do I need a custom report?

NeilZ

Re: Using Designations with a Fund Code

Post by NeilZ »

antiochmbc wrote:We have a Tribe of Judah Program that raises money for our building fund. When a building fund contribution is received from a member, they indicate on the envelope their birth month or tribal name. We have this special program every 5th Sunday and announce the total amounts raised for each month and their tribe name. Whenever a member donates to Fund No. 300 (Building Fund), I want to be able to designate what month they are contributing to AND be able to run a report indicating the offering date, contributor's name and amounts subtotaled by designated month. I know that I need to create 12 different designations (one for each month), but its something else I'm missing because it isn't working correctly. Also, do I need a custom report?
You're not saying what version of Powerchurch you're using, which would help.

OK .. so you have the 12 months setup, and when they contribute you select the designation of say, May, and then post. What's not working?

FWIW .. I would have done this a bit differently. Since you can have multiple contribution funds setup to post to one Funds Accounting income fund, I would have done it this way:

Fund #
300: Undesignated Bldg Contributions
301: Bldg - Jan
302: Bldg - Feb
303: Bldg - Mar

And so on.

In this manner you can enter the contributions faster ... as all you need to do is enter the number, and not search for a month, and you can then use the standard built-in reports to pull the data you want.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.