Vanco import setup

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

tborgal

Vanco import setup

Post by tborgal »

I am trying to get the Vanco import set up for the first time and I am confused about how to enter the information for the Transit Asset Account. I have created a new account but I am not sure if I should attach it to any or all funds. Any help with this procedure would be very helpful.
Tom

NeilZ

Re: Vanco import setup

Post by NeilZ »

tborgal wrote:I am trying to get the Vanco import set up for the first time and I am confused about how to enter the information for the Transit Asset Account. I have created a new account but I am not sure if I should attach it to any or all funds. Any help with this procedure would be very helpful.
Tom,

have you looked at this knowledgebase article?

https://www.powerchurch.com/support/444 ... ntegration

As far as attaching to a fund, you have to have at least one transit asset account setup to track the funds coming in, along with the expense account for the fees. There should be one transit account for each separate accounting fund so if you have funds coming in to operations (01), and also to building (02), you need to have that account in both, along with the expense account.

See this thread: https://www.powerchurch.com/support/444 ... ntegration

EDITED: to change answer to show that the fee expense needs to be seen across all funds that receive contributions.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

tborgal

Post by tborgal »

Neil,
Thank you for the reply. My problem was that I could not get past the transit and expense account setup. I kept getting a message that the account is not in fund. After reading your post I did a bit of playing and found that I had to link both the transit and expense accounts to all funds to get past that error message. This is not clear in the instructions or in the error message.
Tom

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

tborgal wrote:Neil,
Thank you for the reply. My problem was that I could not get past the transit and expense account setup. I kept getting a message that the account is not in fund. After reading your post I did a bit of playing and found that I had to link both the transit and expense accounts to all funds to get past that error message. This is not clear in the instructions or in the error message.
Hmm .. even the expense accounts across all funds. That makes sense.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Those accounts have to be used in all Accounting Funds referenced by your Contribution Funds setup. So if you have Contribution Funds set to debit/credit accounts in Accounting Funds 01, 03, and 07, the Vanco Import setup won't allow you to continue without having the transit and expense accounts used in funds 01, 03, and 07. Without those accounts, it wouldn't be able to create a properly balanced transaction.

tborgal

Post by tborgal »

I did not check to see which accounts are actually accessed by contribution funds. I just selected all when the new accounts were created and the error went away. As I said earlier in this thread this is not clear in the instructions on setting these accounts up.
Tom