Contributions Question

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Patricia

Contributions Question

Post by Patricia »

I have a duplicate contribution report. How can I correct this? Thanks Patricia Herron

NeilZ

Re: Contributions Question

Post by NeilZ »

Patricia wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:21 pm
I have a duplicate contribution report. How can I correct this? Thanks Patricia Herron
Um ... could you be more specific? What do you mean by duplicate contribution report? Do you mean you have duplicate Contributions entries??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Patricia

Post by Patricia »

I have been training some one on this program, some how we have entered all the contributions for Sun. Oct 10 twice.
So I have two complete contributions listed in the fund.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Patricia wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:08 am
I have been training some one on this program, some how we have entered all the contributions for Sun. Oct 10 twice.
So I have two complete contributions listed in the fund.
If you haven't posted them yet, then its relatively easy to go through each contributor and delete the additional entry under the Modify Unposted Contributions function. If they've been posted, then you'd have to REVERSE each one by entering the View Posted Contributions function, finding each contributor, then reverse the duplicate entry. You'd then have to POST CONTRIBUTIONS to properly update Fund Accounting as well as save the reversals to the Contributions area of the database.

Does this help?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Patricia

Post by Patricia »

Okay, I understand reversing each contribution, but then I don't understand, I would then have to post contributions?
That would then show the reversal and there would only be the one contribution for that Sun? I know it would have been so much easier if I had caught it sooner.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Patricia wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:16 pm
Okay, I understand reversing each contribution, but then I don't understand, I would then have to post contributions?
That would then show the reversal and there would only be the one contribution for that Sun? I know it would have been so much easier if I had caught it sooner.
Yes .. if the Contributions were already POSTED, you would have to REVERSE the Contribution and then POST CONTRIBUTIONS, and the system will then update the Contributions database, and create the transactions to reverse the deposit previously sent to Funds Accounting.

Again, if you DID NOT post the duplicate contributions you do not need to reverse anything just delete the duplicates from the Unposted Contributions queue as mentioned in my previous post.

Yep ... always easier to correct things if they did not get posted.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Patricia

Post by Patricia »

Okay, I think I have reversed everything, is there a way I can double check before I move on?

Patricia

Post by Patricia »

Oh boy, now I have two un posted contributions. One of them is the correct amount, but if I post them both its over the amount. Is there a way to delete the one I don't want to post?

Patricia

Post by Patricia »

I mean two unposted transactions, can I delete the one I don't need?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Patricia wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:51 pm
I mean two unposted transactions, can I delete the one I don't need?
OK .. if you mean you have two unposted contributions that are exactly the same I'm going to assume that its due to a Contribution that was reversed twice.

Again, the only reason you would have needed to reverse any transactions is if you POSTED all the duplicates. Then if you reversed them properly, you would have ONE unposted contribution per reversal.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Patricia

Post by Patricia »

I did not do it correctly. I thought I had to post after each person's reversal, but after I did the first one I realized I had to find each person who made a contribution that week. So I went through and found every entry for that week and reversed them, however I included the first person's, (the one I did wrong) so that is now duplicated and I have a transaction that is for the correct full amount and a contribution transaction that is for the first one that I did which is for $370.00. Is there a way to delete the $370.00 transaction? Thank you so much for your time and your help with this. Pat
Last edited by NeilZ on Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed white space and duplicated text at bottom.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Patricia wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:58 am
I did not do it correctly. I thought I had to post after each person's reversal, but after I did the first one I realized I had to find each person who made a contribution that week. So I went through and found every entry for that week and reversed them, however I included the first person's, (the one I did wrong) so that is now duplicated and I have a transaction that is for the correct full amount and a contribution transaction that is for the first one that I did which is for $370.00. Is there a way to delete the $370.00 transaction? Thank you so much for your time and your help with this. Pat
OK ... if you have one that is incorrect, you can DELETE it from the Unposted Contributions queue. Find it in the list, and just delete it. That will take care of that issue, then you can post the rest.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Patricia

Post by Patricia »

I had already posted the contributions, but I haven't posted the transactions. So there is no unposted contributions to delete. I don't see any place on the unposted transaction page where I can delete the extra transaction, so that I can post the correct one.

Patricia

Post by Patricia »

Could I post them both and then reverse the one I don't want from the posted transactions? I just don't want to do something that will mess it up even more.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Patricia wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:30 pm
Could I post them both and then reverse the one I don't want from the posted transactions? I just don't want to do something that will mess it up even more.
OK .. you posted to Funds Accounting. The transactions sitting in the unposted transactions queue in FA should show one that will CREDIT checking to delete the duplicate amount, and DEBIT your income account to do the same.

Check to make sure of the amounts, and see if they are correct or if they show more than they should be by the amount of the one that is incorrect.

Now I don't suppose you did a backup before you started doing all this, right?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.