Issue with 2021 Canadian Tax Receipt Prints

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

R.V.Fagan

Issue with 2021 Canadian Tax Receipt Prints

Post by R.V.Fagan »

I was just doing a test of printing our 2021 Tax receipts (Canada), and noticed there appears to be excessive white space at the top of each receipt, such that the parishioner's name is too low to appear in the window with a standard fold. As noted in an earlier post, if I fold the receipt on what appears to be a fold line (just below registration number and "OFFICIAL RECEIPT FOR INCOME TAX PURPOSES") it appears in the window correctly, however, it requires an additional fold at the very top in order to fit inside the envelope.

I found this post via a Google search, and I hoped somebody may have since posted a resolve that I have not been able to find. It appears to be merely an issue of reducing the top margin for this particular report.

NeilZ

Re: Issue with 2021 Canadian Tax Receipt Prints

Post by NeilZ »

R.V.Fagan wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:31 am
I was just doing a test of printing our 2021 Tax receipts (Canada), and noticed there appears to be excessive white space at the top of each receipt, such that the parishioner's name is too low to appear in the window with a standard fold. As noted in an earlier post, if I fold the receipt on what appears to be a fold line (just below registration number and "OFFICIAL RECEIPT FOR INCOME TAX PURPOSES") it appears in the window correctly, however, it requires an additional fold at the very top in order to fit inside the envelope.

I found this post via a Google search, and I hoped somebody may have since posted a resolve that I have not been able to find. It appears to be merely an issue of reducing the top margin for this particular report.
Are you selecting the 'print on letterhead' option? Even if you're not, you can try a workaround by going into the File -> Preferences -> Contributions Setup, selecting the Pledges/Statements tab, then Print statements on letterhead and adjust the top margin to see if that will help you align the address.

FWIW ... its always best to open a new topic rather than piggy back on a 10 year old topic as your new issue could get lost or thought of as SPAM, as that's a technique spammers often use.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

R.V.Fagan

Post by R.V.Fagan »

Thanks Neil for the prompt response. I had previous tried the letterhead option (should have mentioned that in my original post), but if not actually using letterhead, it removes the Parish civic address and telephone number from the receipt.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

R.V.Fagan wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:44 am
Thanks Neil for the prompt response. I had previous tried the letterhead option (should have mentioned that in my original post), but if not actually using letterhead, it removes the Parish civic address and telephone number from the receipt.
OK ... I'll flag this for a tech.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

I am not seeing an issue here, all of the statements and receipts layouts are printing consistently spaced above the "fold line". Looking in source control, a few of the layouts were touched back in December 2021, adding a missing "$" to the total on some layouts, but that wasn't changing anything in the layout. Before that, the last time anything was touched in those report layouts was 2019.

Below is a screenshot of a PDF receipt I saved into a PDF and drew out guidelines based on #10 double window envelopes. Measurements were taken from the "fold line" up and the left page edge. You can see copies of all the various receipt and statements layouts that I saved and tested in tabs across the top of the PDF reader software:

(the two images of course aren't to the same scale)

There is a setting under File > Preferences > User Setup Options on the Reports tab that allows you to set a Top and Bottom margin that applies to all reports. The defaults are .25 inch top and .50 inch bottom. If you have a different setting there on the top margin, try resetting to the default, or if necessary for your printer's printable area, you can try adjusting it down to 0 inch top margin and that will pull everything up 1/4 inch on the page.