Selected Contributors Report

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

wms7328

Selected Contributors Report

Post by wms7328 »

The Selected Contributors report does not appear to be correctly using the selection for personnel status to select the records reported. As example, I ran one report with Member status selected and then another report with everyone except members selected and I get almost the same report. Also ran report with none as status selected and then verified that each person that was selected had a Personnel Status stated. Ran another report for none and got people listed, smaller list that first run but everyone on report has a Personnel Status stated but were selected with none as Personnel Status selection criteria on report.

Thanks for checking this report selection on Personnel Status criteria.

NeilZ

Re: Selected Contributors Report

Post by NeilZ »

wms7328 wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:42 am
The Selected Contributors report does not appear to be correctly using the selection for personnel status to select the records reported. As example, I ran one report with Member status selected and then another report with everyone except members selected and I get almost the same report. Also ran report with none as status selected and then verified that each person that was selected had a Personnel Status stated. Ran another report for none and got people listed, smaller list that first run but everyone on report has a Personnel Status stated but were selected with none as Personnel Status selection criteria on report.

Thanks for checking this report selection on Personnel Status criteria.
You didn't say which version of Powerchurch you're using. I just tested on v12 and v14, and ran a report with none of the Personal statuses selected and, as expected, there were no records pulled. Frankly, if there were an issue, we'd see more reports of this, and yours is the only one I've seen. Are you sure you're not mistaking the Mailing List status for the Personal status?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

wms7328

Post by wms7328 »

Thanks, I'm using the online version of PC. After some more research, I realized my problem. If you have a family with the same envelope number for each person but each family member assigned a different personnel status, then when you run a selected contributor report selecting a particular personnel status you will get the contributions for the family each time you run the report and select one of the assigned personnel statuses. For example, one person in a family is assigned status of Member and another one in the same family is assigned status of visitor, then when you run report for Member you will get their contributions and when you run the report for visitor you will also get their contributions reported. Now I realize that to get the report I was wanting, each person in a family has to have the same personnel status assigned. I had some families that one member had personnel status assigned but the other member was none (default), so that is why I was getting the family listed when I selected none as personnel status.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

wms7328 wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:08 pm
Thanks, I'm using the online version of PC. After some more research, I realized my problem. If you have a family with the same envelope number for each person but each family member assigned a different personnel status, then when you run a selected contributor report selecting a particular personnel status you will get the contributions for the family each time you run the report and select one of the assigned personnel statuses. For example, one person in a family is assigned status of Member and another one in the same family is assigned status of visitor, then when you run report for Member you will get their contributions and when you run the report for visitor you will also get their contributions reported. Now I realize that to get the report I was wanting, each person in a family has to have the same personnel status assigned. I had some families that one member had personnel status assigned but the other member was none (default), so that is why I was getting the family listed when I selected none as personnel status.
Ah ... explains a bit. This is why I advise always assign each family member a personal profile status. Members are obvious, but if you have family group members who are not members, I always suggest creating a family group member status. its not the same, but it accounts for everyone in the family.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.