Email Contributions Email Address Question

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

tena20719

Email Contributions Email Address Question

Post by tena20719 »

Hello,

Where does the contribution module pull email addresses from - the family profile or the individual profile? If I only have the email address in the individual profile, will the member still be able to receive their contribution statement when I send out a mass email?

If it has to be in the family profile, is there a quick way to import the email address from the personal profiles without changing each member individually?

Thanks,
Tena

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Email Contributions Email Address Question

Post by Zorak »

Since contributions are tied to Personal Profiles (individuals) via envelope number, PowerChurch looks first at the email address assigned on the Personal Profile record in Membership. If that person doesn't have an email address or the Email Contribution Statements box is unchecked, then it goes back to the Family Mailing List/household record to see if there is a shared family email address and if that Email Contribution Statements box is checked.

You don't need to have emails assigned in both places. You only need a valid email and that checkbox checked in one or the other.

There is a report called Email Statement List in Contributions > Reports - Contributions that shows the email address that will be used for each envelope. Those that don't have an email address assigned or don't have the Email Contribution Statements option checked will not be included in the report.

tena20719

Re: Email Contributions Email Address Question

Post by tena20719 »

Hey Zorak :D

Thank you so much! This is exactly what I was looking for!

Have a wonderful day and a blessed Resurrection Day!
Tena