add an envelope # to a family

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

kimvdh

add an envelope # to a family

Post by kimvdh »

I have a common law couple who originally wanted to both be on 1 envelope number. Now they are asking to have separate numbers - I can manually separate the amount for them this year as I recorded the contributions on paper with who evers name. I am guessing its best to leave as 1 number till end of year and figure out manually the correct amounts to make 2 tax receipts that equal the one envelope number. In January I would like to give the woman a new number - how do I get her a new number but keep her in the family

NeilZ

Re: add an envelope # to a family

Post by NeilZ »

kimvdh wrote:I have a common law couple who originally wanted to both be on 1 envelope number. Now they are asking to have separate numbers - I can manually separate the amount for them this year as I recorded the contributions on paper with who evers name. I am guessing its best to leave as 1 number till end of year and figure out manually the correct amounts to make 2 tax receipts that equal the one envelope number. In January I would like to give the woman a new number - how do I get her a new number but keep her in the family
You need to talk to the couple to decide what they want. Its really not up to you to decide how to divide up the contributions. I would issue the new envelope now, and then ask them what they want done with the contributions to this point. That is, if the check was in one person's name, assign it to that number and vice versa; or keep it all under one number to this point, and enter all new contributions under the envelope that the contribution comes in.

Now, you can change her envelope number at any time, just open her personal profile, and enter a new envelope number, then save the profile.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.