error in sending Contribution Statements

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

NeilZ

Re: error in sending Contribution Statements

Post by NeilZ »

bjwhitson wrote:The "myemail@churchdomain.org" is an alias that maps to the "myemail@bellsouth.net". I use them interchangeably.
When I use the "Myemail@bellsouth.net" address with the password that I use to log into the webmail, I get the "A successful connection was made." message.

When I change the user name from "myeamail@bellsouth.net" to "myemail@churchdomain.org", I get an error message that says -
"Error within Authenticate.
SMTP authentication failed after sending password.
Check your username/password or your SMTP server's auth settings.

And yes, the Contact page of the member's profile has a valid email address and contributions that have posted this year so there is something to select. :-)
BJW
That error sounds like the password you use with the church domain is incorrect OR, the SMTP server is NOT an AT&T server. What is the church domain ?? You said that its an alias, are you sure its not a 'forward' ? They are two different things.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

bjwhitson

Post by bjwhitson »

It is a forward to the bellsouth.net address
BJW
Finance Committee-HPC
PC+ user since 2008
Grayson, GA

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

bjwhitson wrote:It is a forward to the bellsouth.net address
That's why you get the error when using the AT&T server, the ISP for the church's domain has a different email server and AT&T does not recognize the email address as valid.

I'm eliminating Powerchurch as an issue because I did some additional checking at AT&T. Are you also capable of accessing your email using a web client through Yahoo ?? If so, read this:
Sometimes the webmail login blocks 3rd party email programs from connecting. The reason for this is that a captcha, the funny shapes and letters, code is required during the webmail login. Because in this case, Outlook and MacMail does not have the ability to send that, it automatically fails to authenticate.

To get around this, you have to verify login on both sites:
1) Go to att.net and choose mail and login from there. Logout after you were able to successfully login.
2) Go to mail.yahoo.com and login from there.
While it talks about Outlook and MacMail, Powerchurch would fall in that category of 3rd party email programs. Try the above to see if that helps. If that works, I would check with your church domain ISP to see if they offer email, and try using that email system to send out from Powerchurch thus avoiding this issue in future.

For example, our domain at Connellsville is Connellsville-EPC.org, we would setup a new email address using that domain to send out emails.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

bjwhitson

Post by bjwhitson »

Hi Neil,
Still having some issues with sending contribution statements. I'm testing sending just one statement to myself. I get the message that says "No valid email addresses with "Email contribution statement" enabled were found for this envelope."

There is a valid email address associated with my membership profile.

I have updated the current Maintenance release. Still using version 11.5

BJ Whitson
BJW
Finance Committee-HPC
PC+ user since 2008
Grayson, GA

tborgal

Post by tborgal »

Check to be sure that you have both the "Include in bulk mailings" and the "E-mail contribution statement" checked in the persons profile that you are attempting to email the statement.
Tom

bjwhitson

Post by bjwhitson »

Both boxes are checked
BJW
Finance Committee-HPC
PC+ user since 2008
Grayson, GA

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

bjwhitson wrote:Both boxes are checked
I'm assuming that the respose means that the profile (mailing list or personal) where the email address is entered has the boxes checked.

Also, is the address the same as that being used to send emails ?? Need to eliminate everything. If this answer is no, then my next suggestion is to call Powerchurch support directly, as there is something going on that we cannot fix via this venue.

Please let us know what happens.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.