Vanco Import Process for Two Accounts

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

wms7328

Vanco Import Process for Two Accounts

Post by wms7328 »

Some users have two Vanco accounts and will receive two sets of log on credentials, one for each account. I entered the log on information from the first account through setup and then picked the last option to load the last data file. This update worked correctly and downloaded all the contributions from that data file. I then changed the log on information for our second Vanco account by going into setup again and it would log on and tell me that there were no transactions to download and did not get to the screen to download the last data file for the second account. It appears that it was using the last date downloaded from the first account to check the transactions on the second account. I couldn't download the contributions from the second account.

I tried again today to download the second account and got all the contributions from the last date downloaded on first account until today so the program apparently does not track the last date downloaded for the two Vanco accounts separately. Originally when this change came out it appeared to work correctly for the two Vanco accounts.

I have downloaded the latest Maintenance Release for PC 11.5. Thanks for any help.

NeilZ

Re: Vanco Import Process for Two Accounts

Post by NeilZ »

wms7328 wrote:Some users have two Vanco accounts and will receive two sets of log on credentials, one for each account. I entered the log on information from the first account through setup and then picked the last option to load the last data file. This update worked correctly and downloaded all the contributions from that data file. I then changed the log on information for our second Vanco account by going into setup again and it would log on and tell me that there were no transactions to download and did not get to the screen to download the last data file for the second account. It appears that it was using the last date downloaded from the first account to check the transactions on the second account. I couldn't download the contributions from the second account.

I tried again today to download the second account and got all the contributions from the last date downloaded on first account until today so the program apparently does not track the last date downloaded for the two Vanco accounts separately. Originally when this change came out it appeared to work correctly for the two Vanco accounts.

I have downloaded the latest Maintenance Release for PC 11.5. Thanks for any help.
I'm not sure that the Powerchurch guys even knew that you could have two separate Vanco accounts, so I'm not sure they took that into account.

My advice, call them direct as you can give them more information than can be relayed through the forum.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

wms7328

Post by wms7328 »

Thanks, I did talk to PC when the Vanco change first came out and they are aware that you can have two Vanco accounts. I think they are working on a way to enter both accounts so you don't have to change the log in information each time you want to import. Changing the log in information for each account was just a way to work around this issue until both accounts could be entered. Hopefully they will see this post and let us know the status of that change.

wms7328

Post by wms7328 »

Powerchurch: Do you think that setting up the Import from Vanco with two Vanco accounts is going to be possible? I would really like to start using this option because it protects against duplicate entries but right now I can only enter one of my accounts. Vanco will send you two sets of credentials to use for two accounts so if you could give us the option to enter the second set it would be great. One way would be to enter the two sets and then give a choice on which one to use for download. Guess the best would be to enter both sets and then have PC download both sets of data.

Thanks for your consideration.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

wms7328 wrote:Powerchurch: Do you think that setting up the Import from Vanco with two Vanco accounts is going to be possible? I would really like to start using this option because it protects against duplicate entries but right now I can only enter one of my accounts. Vanco will send you two sets of credentials to use for two accounts so if you could give us the option to enter the second set it would be great. One way would be to enter the two sets and then give a choice on which one to use for download. Guess the best would be to enter both sets and then have PC download both sets of data.

Thanks for your consideration.
Again, its best to send this to wishlist@powerchurch.com, as that goes directly to the product group, whereas they may not see this right away.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

wms7328 wrote:Powerchurch: Do you think that setting up the Import from Vanco with two Vanco accounts is going to be possible?
Yes, it is something that we are currently working on, but we are still early in the process.