Amounts in Contributions and Fund Accounting not matching!

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

emellesee

Amounts in Contributions and Fund Accounting not matching!

Post by emellesee »

Help! I have two different Sundays where something strange has happened. We post the amounts from the offering plate and our debit machine separately. On one Sunday, the two amounts were $3322.90 from the plate and $1940 from debit, with a total of $5262.90 for that Sunday. When I run a funds report in the Contributions module, I get that total. The amounts that show up on our bank statement match those two amounts. However, the amounts that have been pushed through to the Accounting module don't match. For some reason, the amounts are $2552.90 and $1890, which don't add up to the correct total either. I can't figure out why different amounts have been pushed through or how that is even possible. Any ideas?

NeilZ

Re: Amounts in Contributions and Fund Accounting not matchin

Post by NeilZ »

emellesee wrote:Help! I have two different Sundays where something strange has happened. We post the amounts from the offering plate and our debit machine separately. On one Sunday, the two amounts were $3322.90 from the plate and $1940 from debit, with a total of $5262.90 for that Sunday. When I run a funds report in the Contributions module, I get that total. The amounts that show up on our bank statement match those two amounts. However, the amounts that have been pushed through to the Accounting module don't match. For some reason, the amounts are $2552.90 and $1890, which don't add up to the correct total either. I can't figure out why different amounts have been pushed through or how that is even possible. Any ideas?
The only time I see this happening, is if you have a Contribution Fund that has not been setup against an Income Account in Funds Accounting? Have you checked this ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.