New Accounting Fund and contributions

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

calvarymo

New Accounting Fund and contributions

Post by calvarymo »

We have a church plant that the past year we have been running all funds through our main accounting/contribution modules. Starting in January we want them to have their own fund and we have opened a new bank account for that fund. I have the new fund in accounting set up, (whole second set chart of accounts, including the new bank account) but when I am putting in the contributions for that church how do I get them to post to the new bank account and not the main bank account for the main church? I still have to enter contributions for both churches for the foreseeable future and don't want the church plant amounts to show up in the 01-1130 (regions bank) where the main church funds are but instead the 02-1150 (southern bank) when they post at the end of entering contributions. Hope that makes sense. We are running 11.5

Thanks!

NeilZ

Re: New Accounting Fund and contributions

Post by NeilZ »

calvarymo wrote:We have a church plant that the past year we have been running all funds through our main accounting/contribution modules. Starting in January we want them to have their own fund and we have opened a new bank account for that fund. I have the new fund in accounting set up, (whole second set chart of accounts, including the new bank account) but when I am putting in the contributions for that church how do I get them to post to the new bank account and not the main bank account for the main church? I still have to enter contributions for both churches for the foreseeable future and don't want the church plant amounts to show up in the 01-1130 (regions bank) where the main church funds are but instead the 02-1150 (southern bank) when they post at the end of entering contributions. Hope that makes sense. We are running 11.5

Thanks!
You need to update the Contribution Fund using the with the new account numbers. However, you really need to make sure they are entered on different days so the bank deposit will reflect the proper totals go to the right bank.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.