Printing Contribution Statements

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

MWH

Printing Contribution Statements

Post by MWH »

We have several contributors, that we do not have address for (college students), is there any way to have PowerChurch not print statements for individuals who do not have addresses?

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Printing Contribution Statements

Post by Zorak »

You could uncheck the "include in mailouts" option on their family/household record. It is optional when printing statements to include those who are not set to be included in mailouts.

MWH

Post by MWH »

I went through the entire database under membership and unselected "include in mailouts" for those who do not have a complete address. However, when I go to print contribution statements it still includes those, that were unselected (I am sure I am overlooking something).

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

MWH wrote:I went through the entire database under membership and unselected "include in mailouts" for those who do not have a complete address. However, when I go to print contribution statements it still includes those, that were unselected (I am sure I am overlooking something).
I hate to think that Zorak is wrong here, but I seem to remember that the 'not included in mailouts' does not apply when doing Contribution statements. The reason for that is that while there are many reasons why you wouldn't want to send people mailings, the one thing that is strongly encouraged for churches do to by the IRS is send any contributor a end of year statement.

What I can advise is this, remove those statements without an address as you're stuffing envelopes, then shred them. The alternative is to send the statement, at least the ones for the college students, to their parent's address. The others I'd still shred.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

I'm so sorry. You are correct. The check box option on the Contribution Statements is actually "Print address for contributors not included in mailouts". From memory, I thought it was "Print statements for contributors not included in mailouts".

MWH

Post by MWH »

Thank y'all for your assistance.