powerchurch combining same date deposits

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

jereece

powerchurch combining same date deposits

Post by jereece »

I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong. We have two collections on Sundays and also Vanco electronic deposits at random dates. The bank keeps everything nice and separate no matter what the date. However, it seems that Powerchurch always adds deposits to a single total if the dates are the same. I keep everything separate up to the point of posting to accounting, so I assume the import module or posting module is doing the combining. This makes reconciliation difficult. I've been trying to monkey with the input dates so that each date is unique, but this gets hard, especially since there are only unique dates for the number of days in the month. Could I do something differently in order to have the reconcile function match the bank deposits?

NeilZ

Re: powerchurch combining same date deposits

Post by NeilZ »

jereece wrote:I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong. We have two collections on Sundays and also Vanco electronic deposits at random dates. The bank keeps everything nice and separate no matter what the date. However, it seems that Powerchurch always adds deposits to a single total if the dates are the same. I keep everything separate up to the point of posting to accounting, so I assume the import module or posting module is doing the combining. This makes reconciliation difficult. I've been trying to monkey with the input dates so that each date is unique, but this gets hard, especially since there are only unique dates for the number of days in the month. Could I do something differently in order to have the reconcile function match the bank deposits?
Powerchurch assumes that all contributions added on one date, go in one deposit.

The only alternative to using different dates would be to enter one set of contributions, post that to Funds Accounting, and in Funds Accounting change the description from CONTRIB to something like CONTRIB-1. Then do the next set of entries.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.