No Numbered Envelopes

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Pastor Allen

No Numbered Envelopes

Post by Pastor Allen »

We are small congregation and most people are giving in loose checks or unnumbered envelopes.
how do we log this is into contributions.

NeilZ

Re: No Numbered Envelopes

Post by NeilZ »

Pastor Allen wrote:We are small congregation and most people are giving in loose checks or unnumbered envelopes.
how do we log this is into contributions.
You need to assign each person a number. This is actually the link for the Membership data, and the contributions database. While you may not use envelopes, the number is still needed.

If there is a lot of loose plate offerings, without any name attached, you should setup a special number, we use 999, for Loose Plate Offerings, so that these can also be entered and tracked.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

BroDave

Re: No Numbered Envelopes

Post by BroDave »

I started using PC+ last year, and I had a hard time figuring out the why of envelope numbers, since we don't use them, either. Someone told me to look at them as account numbers for the members, and then it clicked. No one in my church knows their envelope number, but it helps, especially if you import offerings from a file. No matter how you input contributions, the envelope number brings up the members' names, so you don't have to type it in.
I manually enter the envelope numbers, because I like them to be in alphabetic order as well. Since we are a growing church, I allow an envelope number for every ten numbers. in other words, I started the numbering at 200, in case there was something I might need in the low numbers. If I did it again, I would probably start with 100, but the next envelope number would be 110, 120, 130, 140 and so on. This way, when someone joins our church, I can insert them between numbers to make it alphabetic. A sample would be the Jones family joins, and I want their number to go in-between the Johns family (Envelope or Account number 2030) and the Kraft family (2040), so I give the Jones family the number 2035, and it comes out alphabetically in reports and on my input file.
I hope I helped in some way.
. Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!
. Philippians 4:4

David Sheldon, Treasurer
Lighthouse Baptist Church
David Sheldon, Treasurer
Lighthouse Baptist Church of North Florida
Bryceville, FL