Apply to pledge but not to a contribution

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

LynnR

Apply to pledge but not to a contribution

Post by LynnR »

I have a somewhat unique situation.

I have members who donate to a charitable foundation. That donation generates a charitable contribution for them.

Then, the charitable foundation sends us a contribution in the "name" of the donor. The letter we receive from the foundation specifically says that the donor has already received credit for the donation so we are not to count it as a contribution. However, I'd like to show that the money is applied to their pledge for the year. Is that possible?

NeilZ

Re: Apply to pledge but not to a contribution

Post by NeilZ »

LynnR wrote:I have a somewhat unique situation.

I have members who donate to a charitable foundation. That donation generates a charitable contribution for them.

Then, the charitable foundation sends us a contribution in the "name" of the donor. The letter we receive from the foundation specifically says that the donor has already received credit for the donation so we are not to count it as a contribution. However, I'd like to show that the money is applied to their pledge for the year. Is that possible?
Yeah,it is unique, and I'm not sure it can be done. Normally, a pledge is setup to go against a certain Contribution Fund, normally Tithes & Offerings, or Building. Normally these are income funds, and are always reported to the contributor.

The only way to get around this is somewhat labor intensive, you could add the amount given to the Foundation to the 'pledge start balance in the Maintain Pledges function of Contributions. This would increase the total pledges given, but not show as income, nor on the contributor's statement. You'd have to do as often as you get a report from that Foundation for each affected member.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.