Need to send contribution statements to "selected" donors

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

SMIInfo

Need to send contribution statements to "selected" donors

Post by SMIInfo »

I am looking for a way to send out annual contributions statements to "selected" donors. Our previous secretary told me it was easy. . .just tag the people you want to send to, and then it will print only those. However, when she walked me through it, the option to "print only tagged members" was gone!

Help!

NeilZ

Re: Need to send contribution statements to "selected" donor

Post by NeilZ »

SMIInfo wrote:I am looking for a way to send out annual contributions statements to "selected" donors. Our previous secretary told me it was easy. . .just tag the people you want to send to, and then it will print only those. However, when she walked me through it, the option to "print only tagged members" was gone!

Help!
I don't believe there ever was an option to print Contribution Statements by tagging profiles. You only have a few choices:

1. Use the All Contribution Statements report, but filter by Personal Status, Envelope Number, or Amount Given.
2. Use the Individual Contribution Statement report, and enter each contributor individually. That works if you only have a few 10 or 20 or less.

Exactly what 'selects' these donors from the rest ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

SMIInfo

Re: Need to send contribution statements to "selected" donor

Post by SMIInfo »

I want to send out a hard copy by USPS to contributors in the USA and email Contribution Statements to our overseas donors.

krs

NeilZ

Re: Ne, ed to send contribution statements to "selected" don

Post by NeilZ »

SMIInfo wrote:I want to send out a hard copy by USPS to contributors in the USA and email Contribution Statements to our overseas donors.

krs
There is an option on the All Contribution Statement report where you can email statements, and print only those statements not emailed. The initial setup of this takes a bit of work, but once done it will work perfectly.

1. Go through all your contributor's Mailing List Profiles (and Personal Profiles if necessary) and make sure all those people you want to send the statements to have an email address, and the email address is marked to Email Contribution Statement. Make sure that you either have the email on the Mailing List profile, or the Personal Profile so marked as you may send out two if the email addresses are different.

If you have people that you don't want to send statements to via email, make sure the checkbox is UNchecked.

2. When you select the All Contribution Statement, go through the selection screens as you would normally until the window that has Process Statements As at the top. There select the E-mail statements radio button, that opens the selections that are underneath it. From those select the Only print statements not e-mailed.

You will then have all the email statements sent, and the system will then print all the others.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.