Emailing contribution statements...

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

jordan0109

Emailing contribution statements...

Post by jordan0109 »

Hello, I am trying to email contribution statements using an email address on Google Platform. PowerChurch processes the selected donors but returns and SMTP error and the sending email address receives an email from Google stating they it prevented login giving the app does not meet modern day security stamdards

Has anyone seen this error and how do we resolve it? Thanks

NeilZ

Re: Emailing contribution statements...

Post by NeilZ »

jordan0109 wrote:Hello, I am trying to email contribution statements using an email address on Google Platform. PowerChurch processes the selected donors but returns and SMTP error and the sending email address receives an email from Google stating they it prevented login giving the app does not meet modern day security stamdards

Has anyone seen this error and how do we resolve it? Thanks
Do you have gmail.com setup correctly ??

Follow the directions shown here for SMTP setup, use the SSL settings, and set Powerchurch to use SSL.

https://support.google.com/mail/trouble ... ts=1665162
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

jordan0109

Post by jordan0109 »

Hello. My credentials are setup correctly. Have issues been reported when trying to use gmail as the platform to send statements? We have over 1500 statements to send.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

jordan0109 wrote:Hello. My credentials are setup correctly. Have issues been reported when trying to use gmail as the platform to send statements? We have over 1500 statements to send.
As far as Gmail causing issues, there have been issues in the past, but I've not seen them lately.

Notice I didn't ask about your credentials, I asked about the SMTP setup. Do you have the SMTP server and port setup as shown in the Google page I linked to? Is it setup for SSL and using the correct SSL port??

The outbound server should be setup as: smtp.gmail.com:465 The checkbox for Outgoing e-mail server requires authentication[/b] checked. The radio buttons for Security should be set for SSL, and the validate certificates checkbox Checked. Click on the TEST button. If you do not get a good test, try unchecking the validate certificates checkbox. Click on the TEST button.

If you still cannot connect, head to the c:\Powerchurch\PCPLUS115 directory, and find the EmailSession.log. Cut and paste that in your reply.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.