Correcting posted contributions

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

gmeyers11

Correcting posted contributions

Post by gmeyers11 »

I mistakenly entered all of my contributions as cash instead of most of them as checks. Is there any way I can correct that without individually reversing and reentering every contribution on that date?

NeilZ

Re: Correcting posted contributions

Post by NeilZ »

[quote="gmeyers11"]I mistakenly entered all of my contributions as cash instead of most of them as checks. Is there any way I can correct that without individually reversing and reentering every contribution on that date?[/quote}

Unfortunately no. However, if you're not tracking the check numbers, it may not make any sense to change it for one set of contributions. You could just create a note on the contribution statement letting the donors know of that mistake.

Other than that, I hope you didn't get a lot of checks that day.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

tborgal

Re: Correcting posted contributions

Post by tborgal »

Neil is assuming that you have already posted the contributions. However if by chance you have not yet posted them they can be changed in the Modify Unposted Contributions window. This would still be a lot of work if you have a large number of checks since they need to be done individually. Since it appears that you are not recording check numbers, Neil's suggestion is the easiest solution.
Tom