Error message

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

kendude33

Error message

Post by kendude33 »

When I try to post contributions, I am getting the following message. We have Power Church installed on a single computer, no network.
"File in use by another. Try again later" then
"This procedure requires exclusive use of Contribution and Fund Accounting files. Please close all open windows and try the process again."
We get this message fairly regularly and was wondering if there is a fix or an update we are missing? No other open windows in Power Church that it would be conflicting with.
Any help is appreciated!

Ken Bennett
Blue Ridge FBC
Ken Bennett

tborgal

Re: Error message

Post by tborgal »

Are there any other users on the computer that might have PowerChurch open?
Tom

kendude33

Post by kendude33 »

No, just one user on one computer.
Ken Bennett

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

kendude33 wrote:No, just one user on one computer.
Do you have any type of software that does a continuous backup of files? There are some backup packages that monitor for files that have been changed, and then access them to back them up.

What version of Windows are you running PCPlus on, also what type of Windows account are you using? While it shouldn't matter, it may hold a clue.

Finally, are you using the accounting function of PCPlus ?? Just need to make sure of a few things.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

F12Mahon

Post by F12Mahon »

When you get that message do you have a view unposted contributions window open? If you do you might get that message. In Funds accountion I've seen the same message many times for that or a similar reason.
Eugene