Date Error - Importing contributions data from Excel

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

George B

Date Error - Importing contributions data from Excel

Post by George B »

I am trying to import contributions data from excel file; I set up all the field names in the file:- Envelope number, Amount, Date and Fund number. But I get the DATE at the confirmation page wrong - 1920 instead of 2016 ( Thus 15/01/2016 would read 15/01/1920). I tried changing the value at the century rollover options at the system setup. I am using PowerChurch Plus 10.4; Windows 10. Is there a way to get this right? Thanks for any input.

NeilZ

Re: Date Error - Importing contributions data from Excel

Post by NeilZ »

George B wrote:I am trying to import contributions data from excel file; I set up all the field names in the file:- Envelope number, Amount, Date and Fund number. But I get the DATE at the confirmation page wrong - 1920 instead of 2016 ( Thus 15/01/2016 would read 15/01/1920). I tried changing the value at the century rollover options at the system setup. I am using PowerChurch Plus 10.4; Windows 10. Is there a way to get this right? Thanks for any input.
George,

2 things:

I'm pretty sure that the date needs to be MM/DD/YYYY format, and are you using the DATE format of Excel, or simple text? I'm sure it has to be DATE format.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

NeilZ

Re: Date Error - Importing contributions data from Excel

Post by NeilZ »

I just tested this locally, and the Excel spreadsheet date COLUMN cells must be formatted as DATE with the default of mm/dd/yyyy for it to properly import.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.