How can I edit a memo field

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

AngieHeck

How can I edit a memo field

Post by AngieHeck »

I goofed and misspelled a word. This will be on their giving statement and I would like to correct it before they are mailed out. How can I change the memo field? I have tried reversing the item and re-recording it, but that did not work.

If Power Church is watching - can you please change the program so that we are able to edit the memo field?

Thank you
Angie

NeilZ

Re: How can I edit a memo field

Post by NeilZ »

AngieHeck wrote:I goofed and misspelled a word. This will be on their giving statement and I would like to correct it before they are mailed out. How can I change the memo field? I have tried reversing the item and re-recording it, but that did not work.

If Power Church is watching - can you please change the program so that we are able to edit the memo field?

Thank you
Angie
You reversed the item, then re-entered. Did you post it ?? And was it posted for the same date as the original entry ? If so, it should not appear on the Statement.

If you haven't posted it yet, make sure you use the POST TO CONTRIBUTIONS ONLY option, and only select that entry to be posted in the list of dates given.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

AngieHeck

Post by AngieHeck »

I did all of that. :)

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

AngieHeck wrote:I did all of that. :)
The statement should not show the older entry since it was reversed.

Try this, do a REINDEX of the system, this sometimes fixes weird things like this.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

AngieHeck

Post by AngieHeck »

Neil,
Thank you so much for helping me! I thought that the re indexing would solve the problem of which "post" power church chose to show. But.....no. It still shows the older one, the one with the misspelled word.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

AngieHeck wrote:Neil,
Thank you so much for helping me! I thought that the re indexing would solve the problem of which "post" power church chose to show. But.....no. It still shows the older one, the one with the misspelled word.
That is very strange ... I just tested it here and it works as described. Go into VIEW POSTED CONTRIBUTIONS, and pull up the envelope having this issue.

You should see THREE entries for the date in question:

a) the original entry
b) the reversal (with a NEGATIVE number as the amount)
c) the replacement entry with the correct information.

Let me know if you see this or not.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

AngieHeck

Post by AngieHeck »

I have looked at both those screens, and I agree the item on the top (in view posted contributions) should be the item that shows up on the statement (when you have a reversal). For me it does not. I am wondering if I should make the entry again? Maybe I should let it sit and stew for a couple of days... who knows?

I think PC should just let us edit the memo field. We aren't adjusting fund numbers or contribution amounts.

Thank you!

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

AngieHeck wrote:I have looked at both those screens, and I agree the item on the top (in view posted contributions) should be the item that shows up on the statement (when you have a reversal). For me it does not. I am wondering if I should make the entry again? Maybe I should let it sit and stew for a couple of days... who knows?

I think PC should just let us edit the memo field. We aren't adjusting fund numbers or contribution amounts.

Thank you!
So you do see all three items, all with the same date? I'm assuming that you're running v11.1/11.55, are you current in your Maintenance Release updates? I'll notify one of the techs to take a look at this thread.

As far as editing memos, the problem is that you are editing something that is part of an audit trail, and as such, should not be changed. While its not an amount or fund change, the memo may have something included that would point to a certain action or item that the contribution was made for, against, etc.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

AngieHeck

Post by AngieHeck »

Neil,
Thank you so much for your assistance!
Yes the dates are all 02/16/2016. I have a charge for $11.00 (with misspelled word) then a credit for $11.00 and then another charge for $11.00 (with correct spelling in memo field).

Yes I am using Ver 11.55. I did get an email today saying another maintenance release is available. I am downloading that now.

I am wondering if I needed to restart PC for that to show the correct way?

AngieHeck

Post by AngieHeck »

I have downloaded and installed today's maint. release. So PC has been restarted. I thought of another idea that might fix the statement, I changed the statement date to tomorrow's date instead of today. That did not work either. I was thinking that the entry date (even though I backdated to 2/16/2016) might have something to do with my problem.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

AngieHeck wrote:I have downloaded and installed today's maint. release. So PC has been restarted. I thought of another idea that might fix the statement, I changed the statement date to tomorrow's date instead of today. That did not work either. I was thinking that the entry date (even though I backdated to 2/16/2016) might have something to do with my problem.
If the date of the contribution on all three entries are the same, the last one entered should take precedence.

How did you reverse the entry? Did you look up the entry under VIEW POSTED CONTRIBUTIONS, highlight it, then click the REVERSE button?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

I have tried this as well and cannot recreate the behavior you are reporting.

It sounds like something you will probably want to speak with Technical Support about directly. We are available from 9AM to 6PM Eastern, Monday through Friday at (800) 486-1800.