Late contributions to pledge not appearing on pledge screen

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

nvrgvup

Late contributions to pledge not appearing on pledge screen

Post by nvrgvup »

We are receiving late contributions to pledges past the pledge end date. We found we can "enter" and "post" contributions received after the pledge end date, BUT they do NOT appear on the pledge screen. However, they DO show up on the individual contribution statement.

After testing, we found "Searching for contributions not applied" does not help this situation. What we did find was that once the end date was changed, "Search for contributions not applied" did allow the missing contributions to show up on the pledge screen.

1) Is this the best way to get these late contributions to appear? We have identified 15 that need to be addressed at this point due to an EFT problem.

2)We also have some parishioners who have decided to continue to contribute this year on their own, but have an end date of of 12/31/2015 on their pledges. Any idea how can we identify those since they show up as posted on the Contributions Posted report?

Thanks for your help.

NeilZ

Re: Late contributions to pledge not appearing on pledge scr

Post by NeilZ »

nvrgvup wrote:We are receiving late contributions to pledges past the pledge end date. We found we can "enter" and "post" contributions received after the pledge end date, BUT they do NOT appear on the pledge screen. However, they DO show up on the individual contribution statement.

After testing, we found "Searching for contributions not applied" does not help this situation. What we did find was that once the end date was changed, "Search for contributions not applied" did allow the missing contributions to show up on the pledge screen.

1) Is this the best way to get these late contributions to appear? We have identified 15 that need to be addressed at this point due to an EFT problem.

2)We also have some parishioners who have decided to continue to contribute this year on their own, but have an end date of of 12/31/2015 on their pledges. Any idea how can we identify those since they show up as posted on the Contributions Posted report?

Thanks for your help.
1. That's the only way. A pledge period is exactly that .. a pledge period. If contributions are entered after the end of the period, they are not eligible since they're outside of that period. You discovered the only way to fix that.

2. .. and this is a problem, why ??? :)

Seriously, if they are continuing to pledge to a specific fund associated with the pledge, it will appear on their statement. I'm not sure what you're looking to do here. If the pledge ending the end of last year, it won't appear on this year's statements as a pledge.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

nvrgvup

Post by nvrgvup »

#2 I'm trying to ward off problems in the future. I'm an old programmer and I know they are going to ask for reports, etc. later on, and I want to make sure everything is accounted for. Will the pledge reports (like Pledge to Actual Comparison) show the total amount paid if the dates aren't extended. In other words, will only the contributions given for the original pledge period be reported, or will ALL the contributions be reported even if the end date is not extended. (I have not tested this yet; I'm just hoping you'll know!)

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

nvrgvup wrote:#2 I'm trying to ward off problems in the future. I'm an old programmer and I know they are going to ask for reports, etc. later on, and I want to make sure everything is accounted for. Will the pledge reports (like Pledge to Actual Comparison) show the total amount paid if the dates aren't extended. In other words, will only the contributions given for the original pledge period be reported, or will ALL the contributions be reported even if the end date is not extended. (I have not tested this yet; I'm just hoping you'll know!)
It depends on the time frame you use for the report. You can run the report yourself for a test. If you use a year to date, all that will show up are pledges for this year.

If you use last year as the date, only the pledges for last year will appear along with any contributions given to that pledge from last year. Anything entered this year will not appear.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

nvrgvup

Post by nvrgvup »

I just ran the report I mentioned with a contribution after the pledge end date. That contribution is not reflected on the report. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to extend those pledge dates to get the data I need. I'll hold off a little while to see if there are any other suggestions. Thanks for your help.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

nvrgvup wrote:I just ran the report I mentioned with a contribution after the pledge end date. That contribution is not reflected on the report. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to extend those pledge dates to get the data I need. I'll hold off a little while to see if there are any other suggestions. Thanks for your help.
As I mentioned on your item 1 above, you found one way to include those contributions, the other would have been to backdate the contributions entry to 12/31/2015 so they would be included in the timeframe.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.