Pledge Report Have Different Results

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

rmerriam

Post by rmerriam »

Just to add information...

We run on a July 1 fiscal year with a pledge drive starting around March 1. For a given FY we'll see pledges soon after the pledge drive starts and continuing until September of the next year. So for our 14/15 FY our first pledges are in March '14 and the last pledges are in Sept '15.

We've just learned to keep our dates very wide in our reports. We discovered this when members reported their payments were not appearing on statements. Our Church Admin was using July 1 as the start date. Now our statements go out with Jan 1 as the start date since that is easiest to remember and is sure to catch all of the payments. :D

Rud

rmerriam

Post by rmerriam »

We're in our pledge drive and working to generate a list of those who pledged last year but have yet to pledge this year. In doing this I've seen an anomaly. Not sure if this detail matters but we are on a July 1 fiscal year.

Envelope ABCD pledged $8,000 for 14/15 and 15/16. In a report a few months ago I noticed, because of the large amount, it was not paid. I ran a current report for 16/17 to see who has pledged and it appeared again. I dug deeper and found that this pledge has been paid, including the current pledge!
  • The "Active Pledges" report does not show the payment.
  • The "Contributions summary by Fund" and "Posted Contributions" reports do show the payment.
When running the reports I am using dates of 1/1/2014 to 6/30/2017 so the date range is sure to cover the dates of the payments, which were made in April of each year. Also am sure I have the correct line numbers for each set of yearly pledges.

I'm concerned that something is not being entered properly in contributions, in doing the posting, or whatever to cause different results. Or, of course, I simply don't understand the reports. Mainly, as the Treasurer, I need to make sure our Admin can issue correct statements or reports to others without my having to watch over her shoulder.

Rud

NeilZ

Re: Pledge Report Have Different Results

Post by NeilZ »

rmerriam wrote:We're in our pledge drive and working to generate a list of those who pledged last year but have yet to pledge this year. In doing this I've seen an anomaly. Not sure if this detail matters but we are on a July 1 fiscal year.

Envelope ABCD pledged $8,000 for 14/15 and 15/16. In a report a few months ago I noticed, because of the large amount, it was not paid. I ran a current report for 16/17 to see who has pledged and it appeared again. I dug deeper and found that this pledge has been paid, including the current pledge!
  • The "Active Pledges" report does not show the payment.
  • The "Contributions summary by Fund" and "Posted Contributions" reports do show the payment.
When running the reports I am using dates of 1/1/2014 to 6/30/2017 so the date range is sure to cover the dates of the payments, which were made in April of each year. Also am sure I have the correct line numbers for each set of yearly pledges.

I'm concerned that something is not being entered properly in contributions, in doing the posting, or whatever to cause different results. Or, of course, I simply don't understand the reports. Mainly, as the Treasurer, I need to make sure our Admin can issue correct statements or reports to others without my having to watch over her shoulder.

Rud
OK ... if this contributor made the contribution, and it was properly credited to the correct fund, then I would do the following:

1. Head to Contributions -> Pledges -> Maintain Pledges.
2. Find the contributor's pledge record. It should show all the pledges made by this contributor.
3.Select and highlight the pledge period in question, then click on the Search for Contributions button. The system will then look for any contributions for that pledged fund that were not already applied to the pledge.

Let us know what happens.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.