contributions missing

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Dione Clagg

contributions missing

Post by Dione Clagg »

We have version 10.4, apparently our assistant in the church office must have backed up when she should have restored info. The contributions are entered at the church and sent to our other office, after they are balanced with the bank we restore the info at the church. When I was looking for specific contributions, all the data from middle of may to First week of June is missing. I think I have a back up from that time period, but is there a way to restore the old back up and not lose the new info, from June. Will I have to re-enter all of it? I thought at first maybe they were in Fund accounting not posted but they are not there either. Any Ideas?

NeilZ

Re: contributions missing

Post by NeilZ »

dione wrote:We have version 10.4, apparently our assistant in the church office must have backed up when she should have restored info. The contributions are entered at the church and sent to our other office, after they are balanced with the bank we restore the info at the church. When I was looking for specific contributions, all the data from middle of may to First week of June is missing. I think I have a back up from that time period, but is there a way to restore the old back up and not lose the new info, from June. Will I have to re-enter all of it? I thought at first maybe they were in Fund accounting not posted but they are not there either. Any Ideas?
In a word, no. The system backs up the entire database, and then restores same. There's no way to just restore certain dates. I take it that the 'other office' is not in the church?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Dione Clagg

Post by Dione Clagg »

No, our other office is at the bookkeepers home. So, since it seemed less labor intensive, I just reentered the missing info. Thanks for your help. You guys are amazing!

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

dione wrote:No, our other office is at the bookkeepers home. So, since it seemed less labor intensive, I just reentered the missing info. Thanks for your help. You guys are amazing!
Ouch ... does she do both contributions and disbursements/funds accounting there ?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.