Vanco Download Issue

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

wms7328

Vanco Download Issue

Post by wms7328 »

Have seen an issue with downloading contribution info from Vanco for the last two weeks involving the contribution fund number that shows up in PC. On one of our Vanco accounts, when we get the verify information screen after we do the one button download, it shows all the funds that should be listed as Fund 1 as Fund 108. They are listed as Fund 1 on the Vanco data file. Just to add to confusion, when you change the first one from Fund 108 to Fund 1, it changes all the ones listed as 108 in that download to Fund 1. Other fund numbers show up correctly on the verify input screen.

In our system Fund 108 is Misc. Reimbursements and Fund 1 is General Fund. The other two Vanco files download without this problem and Fund 1 shows up correctly.

So not sure if this is a Vanco issue or PC issue. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

NeilZ

Re: Vanco Download Issue

Post by NeilZ »

wms7328 wrote:Have seen an issue with downloading contribution info from Vanco for the last two weeks involving the contribution fund number that shows up in PC. On one of our Vanco accounts, when we get the verify information screen after we do the one button download, it shows all the funds that should be listed as Fund 1 as Fund 108. They are listed as Fund 1 on the Vanco data file. Just to add to confusion, when you change the first one from Fund 108 to Fund 1, it changes all the ones listed as 108 in that download to Fund 1. Other fund numbers show up correctly on the verify input screen.

In our system Fund 108 is Misc. Reimbursements and Fund 1 is General Fund. The other two Vanco files download without this problem and Fund 1 shows up correctly.

So not sure if this is a Vanco issue or PC issue. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
OK .. let me restate this:

When you open the screen to verify the information, for ONE donor, what is supposed to be Fund 1 are listed as Fund 108 ?? All the others are correct?

What does the VANCO setup show? What does the transmitted, raw data file show?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

wms7328

Post by wms7328 »

On the download file from Vanco there were about 10 donors listed. Most of them had contributions that were supposed to be for Fund 1 but they all show Fund 108. There were other funds also listed but they were correct. When you correct the first one on the list and change it from Fund 108 to Fund 1, all the other donors automatically change from Fund 108 to Fund 1 on the verify page. The data file from Vanco shows all the correct numbers, it shows Fund 1 in the data file. This is only happening on one of my Vanco accounts. We have 3 accounts and download weekly from each one. The other two accounts show Fund 1 correctly.

We saw this first time last week and thought that maybe it was just some kind of one time glitch. However, it happened again today the same way as before. I don't remember making any changes to contribution funds recently and I don't think there has been a MR from PC in the last two weeks.

Both weeks this happened for the first data file downloaded. Our data entry person usually downloads them in same order so both weeks it was the same Vanco file, might try and download another file first next time to see if it is somehow related to the first file downloaded. Also thought about temporarily deleting contribution fund 108, it's used infrequently, and see what happens.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

wms7328 wrote:On the download file from Vanco there were about 10 donors listed. Most of them had contributions that were supposed to be for Fund 1 but they all show Fund 108. There were other funds also listed but they were correct. When you correct the first one on the list and change it from Fund 108 to Fund 1, all the other donors automatically change from Fund 108 to Fund 1 on the verify page. The data file from Vanco shows all the correct numbers, it shows Fund 1 in the data file. This is only happening on one of my Vanco accounts. We have 3 accounts and download weekly from each one. The other two accounts show Fund 1 correctly.

We saw this first time last week and thought that maybe it was just some kind of one time glitch. However, it happened again today the same way as before. I don't remember making any changes to contribution funds recently and I don't think there has been a MR from PC in the last two weeks.

Both weeks this happened for the first data file downloaded. Our data entry person usually downloads them in same order so both weeks it was the same Vanco file, might try and download another file first next time to see if it is somehow related to the first file downloaded. Also thought about temporarily deleting contribution fund 108, it's used infrequently, and see what happens.
So the raw downloaded file is incorrect.

If the downloaded file is showing the incorrect fund number, then I'm going to assume its a problem at Vanco, since the file is coming from them. I would check to see what is the difference between the one account that shows the incorrect fund, and the other two that show correct.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

wms7328

Post by wms7328 »

The raw download file from Vanco is correct, it is showing Fund 1. In fact, I don't even have Fund 108 set up in Vanco so they don't even have that fund number. This looks like something that PC is causing when it sees Fund 1 in the data file. The mystery is that it only shows up in one Vanco file and not the other two that we also download. It's also strange that when I change the first donor entry on the verify screen to change Fund 108 to Fund 1, it automatically changes all the Fund 108 entries to Fund 1 for all the other donors on that download. This seems like something that is coming from PC.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

wms7328 wrote:The raw download file from Vanco is correct, it is showing Fund 1. In fact, I don't even have Fund 108 set up in Vanco so they don't even have that fund number. This looks like something that PC is causing when it sees Fund 1 in the data file. The mystery is that it only shows up in one Vanco file and not the other two that we also download. It's also strange that when I change the first donor entry on the verify screen to change Fund 108 to Fund 1, it automatically changes all the Fund 108 entries to Fund 1 for all the other donors on that download. This seems like something that is coming from PC.
Not coming from Powerchurch, but something in the interface that assumes that if one thing is going to a fund that you manually change, then all items going to a fund should be changed.

My advice ... call them tomorrow at 9:00 am EDT. This sounds like something that's not going to be fixed via the forums, as they'll have to see the actual data.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.