Contributions Mailing Labels Preferred Name

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

GlennE

Contributions Mailing Labels Preferred Name

Post by GlennE »

I am running 11.5 with current updates.

When I print labels for contributors, I understand the names come from the individual profiles, not the family. However, it does not pick up the Preferred name that I have specified and instead uses the individual's given name. It would seem that the Preferred setting would override this, but does not for these labels. I am new at this so it may have always worked this way.

I cannot find an option anywhere that might be causing this. Is this working as designed? Is there a workaround?

Glenn

NeilZ

Re: Contributions Mailing Labels Preferred Name

Post by NeilZ »

GlennE wrote:I am running 11.5 with current updates.

When I print labels for contributors, I understand the names come from the individual profiles, not the family. However, it does not pick up the Preferred name that I have specified and instead uses the individual's given name. It would seem that the Preferred setting would override this, but does not for these labels. I am new at this so it may have always worked this way.

I cannot find an option anywhere that might be causing this. Is this working as designed? Is there a workaround?

Glenn
This came up about three years ago. They were working on getting the preferred name added as an optional name to use within the Membership reports, but they may have not gotten to Contributions for one reason or another.

What I would do is send a request to "wishlist@powerchurch.com" asking them that you'd like to see this option added to the Contributions reports and labels.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

GlennE

Re: Contributions Mailing Labels Preferred Name

Post by GlennE »

Thank you; I'll submit to wishlist.

I didn't find the previous post from 3 years ago, though I did search for prior reports.