Contribution error

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

gospeltab

Contribution error

Post by gospeltab »

A set of contributions was entered into the power church contribution moduals, but somehow it didn't get posted to fund accounting.

Can I just do a manual entry into the general fund or do all of the contributions need to be reversed and reentered?

How does a mistake like this affect things if I hadn't been looking for this specific set of contributions? Would it show up on the system somehow or would the contributions just be listed under the contributors but not tied to anything...

Thanks!

NeilZ

Re: Contribution error

Post by NeilZ »

gospeltab wrote:A set of contributions was entered into the power church contribution moduals, but somehow it didn't get posted to fund accounting.

Can I just do a manual entry into the general fund or do all of the contributions need to be reversed and reentered?

How does a mistake like this affect things if I hadn't been looking for this specific set of contributions? Would it show up on the system somehow or would the contributions just be listed under the contributors but not tied to anything...

Thanks!
1. You can do a manual transaction in Funds Accounting to show the deposit. Use the Funds Report for the date in question to see what was collected, and what amounts need to be entered.

2. There are two things that could have happend:
A) someone changed the default "Post to Funds Accounting" option, and chose the "only post to Contributions"
B) someone restored the accounting database from a backup taken before the contributions were posted.

To prevent A from happening again, make sure that the default is set to "Post to Funds Accounting", to keep B from happening (if it did) make sure only authorized people can do restores of the database.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.