Changing Contribution Date

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

dadcowell

Changing Contribution Date

Post by dadcowell »

I use Powerchurch 11.55.

Donations contributed on August 19th were recorded and posted with a May 14th date by mistake.

I need to change the contribution date for about 50 donations.

I know that I can reverse all of them one by one and resubmit them with the correct date and then repost the day. Is there any way to change the dates without reversing them?

Bill

NeilZ

Re: Changing Contribution Date

Post by NeilZ »

dadcowell wrote:I use Powerchurch 11.55.

Donations contributed on August 19th were recorded and posted with a May 14th date by mistake.

I need to change the contribution date for about 50 donations.

I know that I can reverse all of them one by one and resubmit them with the correct date and then repost the day. Is there any way to change the dates without reversing them?

Bill
I would email Powerchurch support directly, ast support@powerchurch.com, and explain your issue.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

BroDave

Re: Changing Contribution Date

Post by BroDave »

I have run into this problem as well, since I import from file. we use a spreadsheet for the counters to input the information, then I import the spreadsheet, but if the date is wrong on the spreadsheet, it enters all of the contributions under the incorrect date.
I have found only 2 ways to change the date; I can either reverse and re-enter, as you stated, or restore from a backup and then re-enter whatever I had entered since then.
I hope this helps. I do at least one backup daily, and if I'm entering something I am not sure about, I do an extra backup before I enter it, so I can restore to a point before I made the entry.

BroDave
David Sheldon, Treasurer
Lighthouse Baptist Church of North Florida
Bryceville, FL