Electronic Giving Help

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

gospeltab

Electronic Giving Help

Post by gospeltab »

We have had many families ask about electronic giving.

I would appreciate any advice you have to help us facilitate this request. We are not sure where to begin or what to do...(I know, we are way behind the times!!!)

Thanks in advance...

NeilZ

Re: Electronic Giving Help

Post by NeilZ »

gospeltab wrote:We have had many families ask about electronic giving.

I would appreciate any advice you have to help us facilitate this request. We are not sure where to begin or what to do...(I know, we are way behind the times!!!)

Thanks in advance...
There are many ways of doing this, but one company interfaces with Powerchurch and is recommended by them. There may be others that can also do this, but Vanco provides a file that Powerchurch can import directly:

http://vancopayments.com/organizations- ... ith-based/
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Actually, after some recent updates, PowerChurch integrates directly with Vanco's service, eliminating the need to import a file. Below is a link to the article that was published when that functionality was released:

https://www.powerchurch.com/support/444 ... ntegration

TimD

Post by TimD »

Is Vanco still the electronic giving partner? When doing our W2's we had a note that Vanco no longer was handling the payment for the elctronic tax processing. We are looking to set up elctronic giving now and were wondering if Vanco is still doing that for Power Church as it shows on our program. We just got our Direct Deposit set up and NACHA was the partner for that. We are a little confused to where to go now. We have version 11.5 and want to give our members the option of giving electronically. Thanks for your help.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Linda W wrote:Is Vanco still the electronic giving partner? When doing our W2's we had a note that Vanco no longer was handling the payment for the elctronic tax processing. We are looking to set up elctronic giving now and were wondering if Vanco is still doing that for Power Church as it shows on our program. We just got our Direct Deposit set up and NACHA was the partner for that. We are a little confused to where to go now. We have version 11.5 and want to give our members the option of giving electronically. Thanks for your help.
VANCO still does the online giving interfacing directly with Powerchurch, evidently they just wanted to get out of the direct deposit business.

On a side note ... NACHA is the industry group that provides the format for the file, you're interfacing directly with your bank when you send them the file.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

gmLOL

Post by gmLOL »

Odd, we still have VANCO as direct deposit. I believe they also have an app now. My mother's church has a Vanco setup right on their website.

We use a different company for app giving.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

gmLOL wrote:Odd, we still have VANCO as direct deposit. I believe they also have an app now. My mother's church has a Vanco setup right on their website.

We use a different company for app giving.
Direct Deposit of payroll?? Are you sure, as they informed many churches that they are no longer doing that, and they no longer advertise such services on their website.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

gmLOL

Post by gmLOL »

I am sorry, not direct deposit of payroll. We have many members that have an amount taken from their bank account and deposited to our account.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

gmLOL wrote:I am sorry, not direct deposit of payroll. We have many members that have an amount taken from their bank account and deposited to our account.
Yep .. still counts as online Giving if processed and sent to PCPlus by Vanco.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.