Recurring contributions not posting to fund accounting

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

shadygrove

Recurring contributions not posting to fund accounting

Post by shadygrove »

I have added a couple of new income accounts recently to designate offerings received as I enter the contributions. Some amounts (that were entered to the new income accounts) are not being posted to Fund Accounting, even though parts of the whole deposit are being posted.

I have made entries in fund accounting to correct the bank balance and move forward. However, it continues to be a problem and will cause me to make entries each month to manually post amounts to fund accounting that should be posting automatically through contributions.

I have compared the set up to other similar accounts and can not find anything different. The accounts have not been marked inactive either. Any help would be sooooooo appreciated!

Sara

NeilZ

Re: Recurring contributions not posting to fund accounting

Post by NeilZ »

shadygrove wrote:I have added a couple of new income accounts recently to designate offerings received as I enter the contributions. Some amounts (that were entered to the new income accounts) are not being posted to Fund Accounting, even though parts of the whole deposit are being posted.

I have made entries in fund accounting to correct the bank balance and move forward. However, it continues to be a problem and will cause me to make entries each month to manually post amounts to fund accounting that should be posting automatically through contributions.

I have compared the set up to other similar accounts and can not find anything different. The accounts have not been marked inactive either. Any help would be sooooooo appreciated!

Sara
OK .. these new income accounts, I'm going to assume that you have created new Contribution Funds in Contributions to accept these offerings? Are they linked to the new income accounts?

Please give some additional information on how you setup the Contribution Funds, as well as the income accounts.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

shadygrove

Post by shadygrove »

Yes I have created them as new contribution accounts and designated them to the new income account that was set up in fund accounting. I have checked all the set up features in both places to see if maybe something is different???

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

shadygrove wrote:Yes I have created them as new contribution accounts and designated them to the new income account that was set up in fund accounting. I have checked all the set up features in both places to see if maybe something is different???
OK ... lets check off a few things:

1. Contribution Fund is Active
2. The Contribution Fund has a checking or savings account setup as the Bank (debit) account
3. And the Credit (income) account is set to the new Income Account you created in the 4000 level accounts
4. These two accounts are both in the same Accounting Fund (IE: 01-1110 & 01-4001)

If everything on this is yes. Then there's something happening in your setup of the income accounts in Fund Accounting

1. The income account is setup as a Detail account, the Category of account is INCOME, it has the proper equity account selected (default is usually 01-3110)

Let me know what you find.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

shadygrove

Post by shadygrove »

Yes I re-checked all of these things and made a "test" entry and it appears to be posting to Fund accounting now! Woo hoo! The previous entries this month are still not carrying over to Fund accounting but can be fixed with the journal entry! Hopefully, it is resolved. Thank you for your help!

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

shadygrove wrote:Yes I re-checked all of these things and made a "test" entry and it appears to be posting to Fund accounting now! Woo hoo! The previous entries this month are still not carrying over to Fund accounting but can be fixed with the journal entry! Hopefully, it is resolved. Thank you for your help!
The easiest way to make sure that the amounts are correct when entering the deposit manually, is to pull the Funds Report for that date or dates from Contributions. Reverse the original contribution entry, then reenter. When entering the transaction, use the date of the original transaction to make sure that your bank reconciliation is correct.

This will give you the correct FULL deposit as seen in your bank statement.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

shadygrove

Post by shadygrove »

Thanks so much! You're a blessing!