Assigning New Evelopes Numbers

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

sweettea

Assigning New Evelopes Numbers

Post by sweettea »

How do you assign new contribution envelopes numbers for next year?

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Assigning New Evelopes Numbers

Post by Zorak »

We published an article about this a few years back in the newsletter:

https://www.powerchurch.com/support/429 ... -2013#tips

sweettea

Post by sweettea »

Thanks for information. I have read the article.

I have a question please. If I do the reassign envelope (today - I'm trying to get the labels ready for the 2017 envelopes) and put 1-250, will it reassign everyone's envelopes numbers (take out the unused ones and add the new ones) before the year end and miss up the contributions for the next couple of weeks?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

sweettea wrote:Thanks for information. I have read the article.

I have a question please. If I do the reassign envelope (today - I'm trying to get the labels ready for the 2017 envelopes) and put 1-250, will it reassign everyone's envelopes numbers (take out the unused ones and add the new ones) before the year end and miss up the contributions for the next couple of weeks?
Yep, it will since they're using 2016 envelopes.

What some people do is print off the current list of envelope numbers using the Envelope Numbers List in alphabetical order. Then they write the new number next to the old one. They make a copy, and have one ready for the data entry folks to look up the old number and convert. This does add time to the contributions entry.

This is one of the reasons I do not renumber envelopes every year, but only every 2 to 3 years. I just issue new members numbers that are open.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.