Pledge Message on unposted contrib report

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

standymel

Pledge Message on unposted contrib report

Post by standymel »

I'm fairly new and replaced a retired secretary. I have entered people's pledges for next year under a new contribution fund number. On our unposted contribution reports, when someone pays towards their pledge a message shows up under the Fund # that shows the pledge time frame and how often they committed to give. I'm trying to post a future pledge (for next year) and the message is not showing up. I have gone over settings and last year's info to be sure I'm not missing something. The treasurer and I both like to see that message but I can't figure out how to make it show up. Can anyone help me?

NeilZ

Re: Pledge Message on unposted contrib report

Post by NeilZ »

standymel wrote:I'm fairly new and replaced a retired secretary. I have entered people's pledges for next year under a new contribution fund number. On our unposted contribution reports, when someone pays towards their pledge a message shows up under the Fund # that shows the pledge time frame and how often they committed to give. I'm trying to post a future pledge (for next year) and the message is not showing up. I have gone over settings and last year's info to be sure I'm not missing something. The treasurer and I both like to see that message but I can't figure out how to make it show up. Can anyone help me?
The message only shows up if they are paying toward a pledge in the current pledge year (IE: 01/01/2016 thru 12/31/2016). If they're trying to pay this year on a pledge is for next year it still won't show up as its outside the time frame, and will not be credited to that pledge.

There's two ways around this:

1. You can go to Contributions -> Pledges -> Maintain Pledges and add the amount they are giving toward next year as an amount in the Pledge Start balance. This will give them credit for the donation in this year, but it will also show in next year's Contributions Statement that they've already given part of their 2017 pledge. It still won't show up on the Unposted report.

2. You again can go into Maintain Pledges and change the end date on the 2016 pledge to end at the 30th of November. Then change the start date of the 2017 pledge to be the 1st of Dec 2016. The problem with this is that if they donate on a weekly or monthly basis, the system will reflect that there are 13 months or 56 weeks on the pledge. The fix for that is to also change the end date of that 2017 pledge to 30 Nov.

FWIW .. the Unposted Contributions report only gives a snapshot of one week, using the Active Pledges report gives the full picture of pledge fulfillment.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.