contributions posted 2x to fund accounting

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Sandy

contributions posted 2x to fund accounting

Post by Sandy »

When I posted everything to fund accounting at the end of December, the contributions for the first week in December posted twice with different posting dates from contributions module (Dec 4 and Dec 16). But there is only one contribution for that date on contribution statements per contributor.

I am not sure how this occurred or how to correct.

Please help me out here. I use the Cash Management Report to pay several tithe funds each month and they are all off by this double posting.

Thanks in advance.
Sandy Daniel
Always learning and always grateful!

NeilZ

Re: contributions posted 2x to fund accounting

Post by NeilZ »

Sandy wrote:When I posted everything to fund accounting at the end of December, the contributions for the first week in December posted twice with different posting dates from contributions module (Dec 4 and Dec 16). But there is only one contribution for that date on contribution statements per contributor.

I am not sure how this occurred or how to correct.

Please help me out here. I use the Cash Management Report to pay several tithe funds each month and they are all off by this double posting.

Thanks in advance.
If the Contributions statements are correct, then go into Funds Accounting and REVERSE the duplicate transaction there. This can happen if someone did a backup of the Contributions module files, then posted contributions. Then someone restored that backup (which overwrites all the contribution files), and then posted again. You will probably get a warning message telling you that the transaction was created in the Contributions module and you should not reverse it in Funds Accounting, but ignore that warning, and continue.

This is the only scenario that I can imagine that can cause this type of issue. What I would do is check the System Audit Log to see if this occurred.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.