Contributions Statement

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

PBoffice

Contributions Statement

Post by PBoffice »

I ran the contributions statement for 2016 for our members - the "actual" does not seem to be matching what was actually paid -- I am new to the church and previous employee set up this .... how do I look at what figures are actually being drawn into this report?
Appreciate any help as we need to get these out by month end!! :oops:

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Contributions Statement

Post by Zorak »

First try reindexing the data files. This can be done under Utilities > Reindex. Choose to reindex all files.

Once that is complete, there is an option under Contributions > Pledges > Search For Contributions Not Applied To A Pledge. Run this process to see if any contributions that match the date range of existing pledges are not applied to the pledges. This is what would cause the actual amount on a pledge to be reporting incorrectly. Most frequently, when this situation occurs, it is because contributions that should be applied to the pledge were posted prior to the pledge itself being entered.

If no contributions are found, or if this does not resolve the issue on the statement, take a look under Contributions > Pledges > Maintain Pledges. Use the Locate button to bring up the person in question. Select the pledge in question and click the Change button. Make sure that there is not a Pledge Start Balance entered on this pledge that would throw off the pledged to actual comparison.

PBoffice

Post by PBoffice »

ty for info but unfortunately did not work. Sure wish I could provide a screen shot. Thanks for your time

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

You can provide screenshots if you have your own web hosting or a Dropbox account you can link from or something like that. You just aren't able to upload pictures onto our server.

pcu62061

Post by pcu62061 »

I am having the same problem. I tried to reindex, I have searched for contributions that haven't been applied, and when I look at the posted contributions for that envelope, they all appear.

Yet the statement shows that not all of the pledge has been met.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r0oxzbdvn7fmu ... s.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b7d4gjp6ykoed ... t.jpg?dl=0

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Go to Contributions > Pledges > Maintain Pledges. Use the Locate button to bring up that contributor. Then select the 2016 pledge and click Change. On the screen that opens, verify that you don't have a Pledge Start Balance entered in. An amount in this field adjusts the actual amount given up or down (positive or negative amount).