Reversed Contribution Entry showing on Statement

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

NeilZ

Reversed Contribution Entry showing on Statement

Post by NeilZ »

I just noticed this, and not sure if this is something that crept in, or changed and I didn't realize it.

I was running contribution statements when I saw in one statement a contribution to a fund, then a negative contribution to a fund with a memo "correction entered wrong fund".

Now, previously I remember that if you enter a contribution using the Enter Contributions function, and then enter a negative contribution for the same amount to the same fund, it would cancel each other out and not appear on the Contribution Statement.

Has that changed, or is this displaying on the report due to the added 'memo' ??

Thanks.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Reversed Contribution Entry showing on Statement

Post by Zorak »

It is because of the memo. Everything has to match the original entry exactly or both will be shown on the statement.

It's best to use the Reverse button on the View Posted Contributions screen so that the negative entry will be exact.

NeilZ

Re: Reversed Contribution Entry showing on Statement

Post by NeilZ »

Zorak wrote:It is because of the memo. Everything has to match the original entry exactly or both will be shown on the statement.

It's best to use the Reverse button on the View Posted Contributions screen so that the negative entry will be exact.
Yep .. that's what I thought, but trying to get the Sunday entry people to do that is hard since I'm not there.

However, I will tell them not to add any memos to the corrections in future, just let the system cancel them out.

Thanks
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.