DOC files problem

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Ron

DOC files problem

Post by Ron »

The only option available for saving contribution statements for WORD is DOC file . This type of file seems to be a problem for more contemporary M/S Office Word programs. DOCX is the acceptable type to work with. Do you plan to make PC+ more current in the near future, or am I missing something that I can do to convert the statements to the DOCX type?
Thanks much.
Ron

NeilZ

Re: DOC files problem

Post by NeilZ »

Ron wrote:The only option available for saving contribution statements for WORD is DOC file . This type of file seems to be a problem for more contemporary M/S Office Word programs. DOCX is the acceptable type to work with. Do you plan to make PC+ more current in the near future, or am I missing something that I can do to convert the statements to the DOCX type?
Thanks much.
Ron
The problem is the 3rd party report writer that is used. Powerchurch tried to update it, but it caused other issues, and then the 3rd party wanted additional fees which would cause Powerchurch to have to increase the cost of the program.

This Knowledgebase article covers how to fix this issue so that newer versions of Office (2003 & up) can open these files. Once opened, you can then save them as DOCX files.

However, I've found that saving the files as RTF files, allows import into Word 2003 & higher without problems.

https://www.powerchurch.com/support/79/ ... and-higher

I have not heard what will happen in the next version of PCPlus.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Also, if you have Office 2013 or higher, Word opens and edits PDFs directly now. The layout of the information on the page coming out of Crystal Reports will be much better in PDF form than in the Word doc format.

Ron

Post by Ron »

My "work-around" has been the rich text format. N and Z, thanks for the info and the quick responses
Ron